The Student Room Group

Adults who don't like vegetables

I've had the problem my entire life that I cannot stand vegetables. Not just that I don't eat them because I'd rather eat something else, but that they make me gag and feel physically sick if I try to eat them. Whether it be the taste or the texture, I just can't stand it.

It's always been something I've found pretty embarrassing and since coming to uni I've attempted to hide it. I thought to myself however that I can't be the only other person like this? If I can't stand veg, there must be other people who also don't like vegetables as adults?

So my question is; is there anyone else on here who still can't stand vegetables as an adult?
I can't abide green vegetables and don't like carrots.
I rarely buy potatoes because I dislike how long scrubbing them clean then peeling them takes.
I can't eat a lot of fruit because I'm allergic to citrus- no lemon, lime, grapefruit, orange or tomato.

Pretty much the only vegetable I eat is onion.

Original post by EmmaRebecca1997
I've had the problem my entire life that I cannot stand vegetables. Not just that I don't eat them because I'd rather eat something else, but that they make me gag and feel physically sick if I try to eat them. Whether it be the taste or the texture, I just can't stand it.

It's always been something I've found pretty embarrassing and since coming to uni I've attempted to hide it. I thought to myself however that I can't be the only other person like this? If I can't stand veg, there must be other people who also don't like vegetables as adults?

So my question is; is there anyone else on here who still can't stand vegetables as an adult?

Quick Reply

Latest