The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Law 2018 applicants

Hello everyone,

Planning on applying to the London School of Economics for law (2018 entry)? Use this thread to chat with others about it.

It would be great if you could post your:
- GCSE results
- AS results
- A2 predictions/achieved grades
- Info/updates about your application
- Other universities you are applying to

Good luck!! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

GCSE Grades: -= 5x A*'s - 3x A's - 1x B =-

AS Subject & Grades: -= Maths, Arabic, History, English, Economics =- -= A - A - A- N/A - B=- [Respectively]

A-Level Predictions: -= A*A*A A =-

Updates: Received acknowledgment, but nothing else. Really worried about that! Applied on the 12th of October, yet nothing but the acknowledgment.

Anything else you want to add: My passion for Law is a never-ending one. Law is a remedy for my never-ending boredom, and once I open a book discovering its themes, a rush of endorphins hit me, due to the excitement I get. Haha, this is all just an uproar of hyperbole, but in all seriousness, I really want to get into LSE

Other Universities: UCL, Cambridge, Nottingham, Liverpool

Let's get this thread going :P
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hey guys,
1. Law
2. 4 A*, 7 A, 1 B
3. 38 points 766 achieved in HLs
4. Two work experiences in Law firm
5. On a gap year right now and hope I'll get my unconditional ))
Ps. Does anyone know the earliest the offers r given?
Reply 4
Original post by Baek Seung-Jo
Ps. Does anyone know the earliest the offers r given?

I've seen many get offers during November and December! I'm sure LSE sometimes give out offers in October, but those are for high attaining students. If you're in Initial or further assessment, then you'll be expecting an offer or rejection (hopefully not the latter :tongue:) in a couple of weeks.
Hey guys :smile:

GCSEs: 4 A* 6 A 1 B
A Level subjects: English lit, Geog, Economics
Predicted: A*A*A*
Other unis: Cambridge, UCL, Durham, Warwick

I've apparently passed the initial consideration of my application and am just waiting to hear the final verdict now......
Reply 6
Original post by lauren_hill
Hey guys :smile:

GCSEs: 4 A* 6 A 1 B
A Level subjects: English lit, Geog, Economics
Predicted: A*A*A*
Other unis: Cambridge, UCL, Durham, Warwick

I've apparently passed the initial consideration of my application and am just waiting to hear the final verdict now......

Did you not get into Further Assessment?
Original post by Claudi0
I've seen many get offers during November and December! I'm sure LSE sometimes give out offers in October, but those are for high attaining students. If you're in Initial or further assessment, then you'll be expecting an offer or rejection (hopefully not the latter :tongue:) in a couple of weeks.

Well I haven't sent it yet haha and I'm really scared of sending it 😭
Was just wondering if it's wiser to send application well past oxbridge deadline to not make it seem like ur Oxbridge...?
Reply 9
Original post by Baek Seung-Jo
Was just wondering if it's wiser to send application well past oxbridge deadline to not make it seem like ur Oxbridge...?

Well, this is open for debate. Generally, Universities understand that sending an app before the 15th of October may not only be due to Oxbridge, but perhaps due to studies or etc...

I honestly don't see a difference, I applied on like the 12th of October and they haven't put me under Initial assessment until 2 days ago, and I know someone who applied on the 15th, and got initial assessment weeks ago.
Hello guys!
- 4A* 3A 1D
- IB Predicted 44/45 with 777 @ Higher Level
- Cambridge, UCL, KCL, University of Hong Kong and Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Hello, everyone!

I'm studying History, English, and Biology at Advanced Higher. I am predicted AAA, which is (seemingly) equivalent to A*A*A* at A-Level. I've applied to LSE, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Dundee, and St Andrews (IR, not Law).

Apparently I'd have something like AAAAAACCCCCC at AS when converted from Higher and National 5. This might not be an apt comparison however, because an A at Higher is apparently equivalent to C at A2, which pins it as being distinct from an A at AS. With this in mind, I already have roughly CCCCCC at A2. Maybe. It's all a mystery!

I haven't received any correspondence beyond the acknowledgement email, and I applied on the 13th. That is, Friday the 13th. Doomed by fate.
Has anyone received an offer yet?
Original post by pinkshirt
Has anyone received an offer yet?

Well I got placed into initial assessment a couple of weeks back. Im also interested if anyone else has gotten an offer, and what their grades are...
Original post by Terratra
Hello, everyone!

I'm studying History, English, and Biology at Advanced Higher. I am predicted AAA, which is (seemingly) equivalent to A*A*A* at A-Level. I've applied to LSE, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Dundee, and St Andrews (IR, not Law).

Apparently I'd have something like AAAAAACCCCCC at AS when converted from Higher and National 5. This might not be an apt comparison however, because an A at Higher is apparently equivalent to C at A2, which pins it as being distinct from an A at AS. With this in mind, I already have roughly CCCCCC at A2. Maybe. It's all a mystery!

I haven't received any correspondence beyond the acknowledgement email, and I applied on the 13th. That is, Friday the 13th. Doomed by fate.

What a date to apply :biggrin:, anyways, conversion in grades had always confused me D: but they look like a great set of grades! Wishing they'd start to reply to us with decisions!
Original post by Claudi0
What a date to apply :biggrin:, anyways, conversion in grades had always confused me D: but they look like a great set of grades! Wishing they'd start to reply to us with decisions!

I still haven't been sent anything beyond the acknowledgement email, which irks me. Waiting with the utmost patience!
I still haven't been sent anything beyond the acknowledgement email, which irks me. Waiting with the utmost patience!

Patience is a virtue my friend. If you feel like you are yourself a strong applicant, then there is no reason to feel anxious. Success only comes when you start to believe in yourself...

SAME!! I was getting anxious so I sent them an email and they said that they have a lot of backlog to cover, that's why they're taking so much time.
Original post by AdvocateDevereux
SAME!! I was getting anxious so I sent them an email and they said that they have a lot of backlog to cover, that's why they're taking so much time.

I wonder what that might mean. I suppose it could either indicate that there are many more applicants this year than there have been in the previous few years, or that LSE is simply inefficient and / or unprepared this year.
still waiting on my initial assessment
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending