The Student Room Group

What to do if I see someone I know at the gym?

okay fasten your metaphorical seatbelts because it's story time ok so today I went to the gym way later than I normally do (I normally get there at 6AM, today I went at 11AM) and I saw someone who is in one of my small classes (of about 6 people). I didn't actually look at them because I never look at people in the gym and secondly because I look like a mess because I don't shower before going to the gym (who the frick does that?) so my hair is kinda bed-hairy, which makes me look like a hobo.
Basically, I kinda just spent my rest and recovery on my phone looking at mushrooms while he and his friend worked out. I felt too awkward to say hi because I looked like ****, he was with his friend and don't talk much in lessons. I feel kinda bad if I think about it because he might have taken it badly (that I blanked him and that I hate him for no reason). Should I message him on snapchat asking if he went to the gym or is that too weird or should I just forget about it and assume that they didn't recognise me, hence why they didn't say hi or anything, or should I accidentally bump into him again at the gym and act all surprised like "oh i didn't expect you to be here, did you happen to be here last tuesday? oh I wasn't 100% sure it was you hahahah"
Thanks for the advice on this very crucial matter thx
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
If it is bothering you, you could just message him like "was that you at X gym today" and if he says yes just say "oh, wasn't sure and didn't wanna risk talking to a random person"
Original post by AxSirlotl
This might sound like a stupid question, but today I went to the gym way later than I normally do (I normally get there at 6AM, today I went at 11AM) and I saw someone who is in one of my small classes (of about 6 people). I didn't actually look at them because I never look at people in the gym and secondly because I look like a mess because I don't shower before going to the gym (who the frick does that?) so my hair is kinda bed-hairy, which makes me look like a hobo.
Basically, I kinda just spent my rest and recovery on my phone looking at mushrooms while he and his friend worked out. I felt too awkward to say hi because I looked like ****, he was with his friend and don't talk much in lessons. I feel kinda bad if I think about it because he might have taken it badly (that I blanked him and that I hate him for no reason). Should I message him on snapchat asking if he went to the gym or is that too weird or should I just forget about it and assume that they didn't recognise me, hence why they didn't say hi or anything, or should I accidentally bump into him again at the gym and act all surprised like "oh i didn't expect you to be here, did you happen to be here last tuesday? oh I wasn't 100% sure it was you hahahah"
Thanks for the advice on this very crucial matter thx

Damn, I though I overthink things...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by HeadHoncho
Damn, I though I overthink things...

It's not overthinking, it's intense analysing.
Original post by AxSirlotl
It's not overthinking, it's intense analysing.

I see lol

Nothing wrong with dropping your mate a message though
Why was you looking at mushrooms?
Tbh I do the same thing when I see someone I know anywhere I'm not expecting them. I do it not because I don't like them, just because I don't want to experience that cringey small talk

"oh look it's you fancy seeing you here"
"oh yeah just out doing a bit of shopping, lovely weather today"
"yeah it is lovely isn't it"
"well best be off now"
Reply 8
Original post by King Leonidas

gotta have that mushroom knowledge
Reply 9
Original post by DrawTheLine
Tbh I do the same thing when I see someone I know anywhere I'm not expecting them. I do it not because I don't like them, just because I don't want to experience that cringey small talk

"oh look it's you fancy seeing you here"
"oh yeah just out doing a bit of shopping, lovely weather today"
"yeah it is lovely isn't it"
"well best be off now"

exactly, we barely ever talk so the only thing we'd say would be cringey stuff like "oh how are the kids" or something like that and then it would be awkward
Original post by King Leonidas

'cos he is a fun guy

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/1801096-badum_tish_super.jpg
You didn't talk to him, he didn't talk to you. It's no big deal.

Quick Reply

Latest