The Student Room Group

We are unable to accept applications for deferred entry or defer existing offers for

What does this mean? i have looked at the Moddlesex univercity website only to find this. I want to apply for nursing this year on a deferred entry.

We are unable to accept applications for deferred entry or defer existing offers for this programme to the next possible start date.

Original post by Blackstarr
What does this mean? i have looked at the Moddlesex univercity website only to find this. I want to apply for nursing this year on a deferred entry.

We are unable to accept applications for deferred entry or defer existing offers for this programme to the next possible start date.

It means what it says. If you apply for deferred entry, then they will not consider your application and you should apply for direct entry in the relevant year.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
It means what it says. If you apply for deferred entry, then they will not consider your application and you should apply for direct entry in the relevant year.

I thought universities gave students the chance to apply for a deferred entry?

Does that mean not all?
Reply 3

Does that mean not all?

Contact them, but very likely it means they won't accept a deferred entry application.
Reply 4

It can be hard to keep your knowledge current during a gap year. You'll forget all your A Level etc work during the year off. They may find that people who take gap years are finding it too difficult to get back up to the required standard.

Additionally, for courses like nursing you need work experience. Most applicants do this before they apply. This means that if you take a gap year, your work experience is 2 years old by the time you start.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
It can be hard to keep your knowledge current during a gap year. You'll forget all your A Level etc work during the year off. They may find that people who take gap years are finding it too difficult to get back up to the required standard.

Additionally, for courses like nursing you need work experience. Most applicants do this before they apply. This means that if you take a gap year, your work experience is 2 years old by the time you start.

I am already on a gap year and working to gain some relevant experience.
Reply 6
I am already on a gap year and working to gain some relevant experience.

If you're already on a gap year, why are you applying for deferred entry? That would mean having 2 gap years.

And most won't applicants won't gain work experience after they have applied.
What does this mean?

Further to previous responses that have given the only possible answer - it means what it says - it might be worth pointing out that the move could easily have been triggered by previous experience by this department of difficulties found with previous gappers on this course, which they ascribe to the causes put forward by Juno above.

They will not want any more students falling by the wayside or having difficulty keeping up with their cohort because they have fallen off the pace due to a gap year if previous results have been affected, or if they have had several drop-outs from among such people.
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
If you're already on a gap year, why are you applying for deferred entry? That would mean having 2 gap years.

And most won't applicants won't gain work experience after they have applied.

No, i am not applying for a deferred entry. I was just wondering. I want to go to uni September next year.

Does that mean not all?

Where did you get that thought from?

Universities set their own rules. I cant see how it can be any clearer that they are telling you they dont accept applications for deferred entry.

By all means contact them.

I expect its more to do with the competitive nature of the course and that it uses extra resources up seeing people apply too far in advance and they then have the experience of reserving then having people drop out. They will also have plenty of applicants for the here and now, so if you are determine to apply then just apply in the year of entry,
No, i am not applying for a deferred entry. I was just wondering. I want to go to uni September next year.

This contradicts your OP, which said:

I want to apply for nursing this year on a deferred entry.
Reply 11

Blackstarr
I want to apply for nursing this year on a deferred entry.

:beard:
Original post by Good bloke
Further to previous responses that have given the only possible answer - it means what it says - it might be worth pointing out that the move could easily have been triggered by previous experience by this department of difficulties found with previous gappers on this course, which they ascribe to the causes put forward by Juno above.

They will not want any more students falling by the wayside or having difficulty keeping up with their cohort because they have fallen off the pace due to a gap year if previous results have been affected, or if they have had several drop-outs from among such people.

Ok.

Quick Reply

Latest