The Student Room Group

When do you get the rejection letter from unis?

When do unis like UCL/ Exeter/Warwick/Nottingham/Oxford send out rejections?
Thinking positively.

Nottingham said to me that they would be in touch in a few weeks if i got a good LNAT score and if i didnt, they will contact me after considering me alongside others who didnt do well in like january.
most of the time, it will be the same time offers are given out tbh so its very uni specific
Oxford send rejections in early November if you don't get an interview, mid-January if you do.

The others send rejections pretty much from October until the end of March, there's no fixed timescale.
Do you get it by letter or email whether you've got an offer or not?
Reply 4
Original post by pinkpanda2011

Most applicants get 4+ offers.

You should only be reasonably expecting rejections if you are applying for medicine (approx 60% of applicants get no medicine offers) or Oxbridge or some highly competitive courses at a few other universities (LSE, etc).

Offer *decisions* on average come in 5 weeks or so. Oxford decisions are in November (for interview) or early January.

For example, Exeter has a 93% offer rate
https://university.which.co.uk/university-of-exeter-e84/law-3-years-9250-m103-1018860
For Exeter, how quickly do they respond to applications?

I submitted mine on 12 October for Law but I haven't heard back yet even though I know tons of other people applying for the same course that have already heard back so I'm getting quite worried and have started wondering if I should be expecting a rejection letter!
Reply 6
For Exeter, how quickly do they respond to applications?

I submitted mine on 12 October for Law but I haven't heard back yet even though I know tons of other people applying for the same course that have already heard back so I'm getting quite worried and have started wondering if I should be expecting a rejection letter!

There's no set time. It can happen that an applicant applies early on and doesn't get a decision until March.

Are your predicted grades on target for their requirements? If so, expect an offer.

Id you have applied through UCAS u shoukd get an email from Track telling u to log on and then it will tell u if u have gotten declined or accepted
Original post by Doonesbury
There's no set time. It can happen that an applicant applies early on and doesn't get a decision until March.

Are your predicted grades on target for their requirements? If so, expect an offer.

They are - I'm just worried that because I applied to Oxf, my personal statement was really academic orientated and had quite little extra-curriculars. Do you think this makes a big difference to my application for places like Exeter or Warwick??

I'm going crazy waiting for an offer to come in! :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Do you think this makes a big difference to my application for places like Exeter or Warwick??

No. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending