The Student Room Group

TSA Oxford Help

Hello all,
Upon taking 4 TSA mocks, I have realised that although I have excellent Critical Thinking scores, my problem-solving scores are absolutely terrible. My score is consequently around 61, which is average.

Can anyone advise me on how to improve my problem solving, and if there are any books that I could order on Amazon for me to read, in order to improve on this?

Thanks
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Bump No. 2
Reply 3
Bump No. 3
Original post by mghanduri
Hello all,
Upon taking 4 TSA mocks, I have realised that although I have excellent Critical Thinking scores, my problem-solving scores are absolutely terrible. My score is consequently around 61, which is average.

Can anyone advise me on how to improve my problem solving, and if there are any books that I could order on Amazon for me to read, in order to improve on this?

Thanks

Hey, I'm in exactly the same boat as you. And I mean exactly. I've taken 4 past papers, getting pretty much every critical thinking question but very few spatial logic questions right. My average score is also 61, and I'm a bit worried since that seems to be about the minimum that Oxford will consider.

I have read that it is a good idea to brush up on your mental maths (e.g. long division, multiplication), but I don't know how much this will help me in solving questions that I can barely comprehend.

Let me know if you find anything, and keep in touch :smile:
Reply 5
I've taken about 5 mocks till now, average score about 67, Especially since TSA is like next week, I think the best you can do is sharpen your exam strategy (knowing which questions to give up on and which to work on)
Reply 6
Original post by duncangrant
Hey, I'm in exactly the same boat as you. And I mean exactly. I've taken 4 past papers, getting pretty much every critical thinking question but very few spatial logic questions right. My average score is also 61, and I'm a bit worried since that seems to be about the minimum that Oxford will consider.

I have read that it is a good idea to brush up on your mental maths (e.g. long division, multiplication), but I don't know how much this will help me in solving questions that I can barely comprehend.

Let me know if you find anything, and keep in touch :smile:

Hi.
I've decided to buy this book called Ace the TSA (to be delivered tomorrow) so that I may have the chance to practice on some of its 300 questions. This may help, as I have read a bit on problem-solving on the Butterworth book on thinking skills, and found some examples there.

Good luck to you.:smile:
Agh im the complete opposite. I find critical thinking Qs harder than the problem solving

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending