The Student Room Group

Abortion to be made Illegal!!!

Do you agree?

Scroll to see replies

I would oppose abortion being made illegal. I fully support a woman's right to do what she feels is right for herself, and I think it's wrong that someone else should have the power to dictate what someone can and can't do with their own body and life.
Shouldn’t be made illegal. Especially for those who have experienced sexual abuse.
Original post by Nikey
I would oppose abortion being made illegal. I fully support a woman's right to do what she feels is right for herself, and I think it's wrong that someone else should have the power to dictate what someone can and can't do with their own body and life.

Ok. I get it. you're in for the reps. But you just sound like a robot. Or like you're hypnotised. This sounds like an automated answer seeking approval and easy "hear, hear!"s. Not what a critical thinker would say.
Original post by Salt Queen
Ok. we get it. you're in for the reps. But you just sound like a robot. Or like you're hypnotised. This sounds like an automated answer seeking approval and easy "hear, hear!"s. Not what a critical thinker would say.

You really are the Salt Queen, boy you really are Salty
Anyway can I get a link
Na man, freedom of choice
Original post by Salt Queen
Ok. I get it. you're in for the reps. But you just sound like a robot. Or like you're hypnotised. This sounds like an automated answer seeking approval and easy "hear, hear!"s. Not what a critical thinker would say.

I sound like a robot because I'm well spoken? I'm not on TSR for the reps, but if you want to think that then carry on. It's not an "automated answer", it's my opinion. I don't want approval of my own opinions, thanks.
Original post by Nikey

Think of it this way.

Let us say that a foetus is always human throughout.
Now let's consider every situation where abortions occur.
If we give the foetus and the mother equal weight as humans and neither's life is worth more than the others. My question would abortion still be morally right in this instance ?
Original post by TheYearNiner
You really are the Salt Queen, boy you really are Salty

Don't you think I know that. Anyway it's true. He is saying it for reps. It's kind of like that person in the group or the kid in class who just says things that everyone else says. How can that not annoy you? Who says things purposelessly?
When was this?
Depending on circumstances, it should be a joint decision for male & female. (not just woman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JMR2017
When was this?

Looked for a link for USA and UK got nothing.
Original post by Questions1729
Think of it this way.

If we give the foetus and the mother equal weight as humans and neither's life is worth more than the others. My question would abortion still be morally right in this instance ?

A foetus is no more a human life than a chicken is a chicken when it's an egg. An undeveloped chick in an egg is not yet a chicken.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Nikey
I sound like a robot because I'm well spoken? I'm not on TSR for the reps, but if you want to think that then carry on. It's not an "automated answer", it's my opinion. I don't want approval of my own opinions, thanks.

Lmfao well spoken. Regurgitating something because it's socially acceptable and has political correctness without being intellectual is not being well spoken. Boy bye.
If a woman has experienced sexual abuse or is not able to carry for her unborn child, why should she be forced to give birth?
Original post by Questions1729
Think of it this way.

I quoted you by mistake and erased it, ignore it sorry x
Original post by SMEGGGY
Depending on circumstances, it should be a joint decision for male & female. (not just woman)

Posted from TSR Mobile

The main question lie in at what point does the foetus becomes human. Some would argue that is only human once born other that it is human throughout.

Which point determines the time when a foetus becomes human ?

If this point is not definite surely we should not proceed with abortion if there is a chance that we are actually executing a human rather than just a foetus.
Original post by tarataika
If a woman has experienced sexual abuse or is not able to carry for her unborn child, why should she be forced to give birth?

Just give it to someone else!! your nor my silly fears of being in labour is not worth a life. No one is making you keep the child, just deliver it and get out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
A foetus is no more a human life than a chicken is a chicken when it's an egg. An undeveloped chick in an egg is not yet a chicken.

Your analogy is incorrect because we humans, most of us, won't consider a chicken or an egg to be significant compared to human life. Surely as humans it is incorrect to assume a point where a foetus becomes human.

What point determines the humanisation of a foetus ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending