The Student Room Group

What are your biggest fears?

I have been wondering if it's unusual to be scared of "water", as in you develop a fear every time you close your eyes as you're in the swimming pool (deep end) of sharks etc

Scroll to see replies

Death.
Deep water (e.g. the ocean).
Injections.
Social situations.
Lifts.

Fears are normal, but they're almost always irrational.
Death
Being surrounded with extremely high buildings
Going on a rollercoaster (the ones that go high)
Being in a room with a hyena, kangaroo or wolf.
Losing my parents or siblings
Becoming blind or losing limbs
Reply 3
Original post by Emerald777O
Death
Being surrounded with extremely high buildings
Going on a rollercoaster (the ones that go high)
Being in a room with a hyena, kangaroo or wolf.
Losing my parents or siblings
Becoming blind or losing limbs

Being trapped in a room full of animals😯
Reply 4
Original post by Nikey
Death.
Deep water (e.g. the ocean).
Injections.
Social situations.
Lifts.

Fears are normal, but they're almost always irrational.

Indeed they are irrational 🤔
Original post by Yoshi2708
Being trapped in a room full of animals😯

DOgs :redface:
Reply 6
Death

People seems shocked when they hear I'm training to become an embalmer yet I'm terrified of death :teehee:
Reply 7
I have a fear of lifts but I've started taking steps to avoid it.
Dead insects. I'm okay with them when they're alive but when they are dead it grosses me out.
Lifts and aeroplanes. :s-smilie:
i have lepidopterophobia. This means that I have a huge fear of insects with big wings. I'm terrified of Butterflies, Moths and especially Dragonflies. I have no clue what caused this, but i end up hyperventilating and freaking out even when i see one. It sucks.
I N T E N S E phobia of being sick.
And I think I'm developing something for lifts as well because I get vertigo or something when I get in them now...weird.
Fire, a lot of social situations, and yet also being alone!
Reply 13
——
(edited 5 years ago)
Waking up and finding out I am the last living human on Earth.
Eh.....nothing else noteworthy to mention.....ah yes, ****ing SPIDERS!!
Reply 15
Never beating all my mate's high scores on Angry Birds.
Reply 16
i'm scared of driving...even though i have a license :frown: ... BUT i haven't driven once since passing the test. The experience scarred me for life.
I possess a phobia named Megalohydrothalassophobia. It's a fear of big things in water. I'd probably die of a heart attack if I was swimming in the sea and I saw a blue whale or a submarine coming towards me :rofl: Typing it into google images brings up a bunch of images that make me uncomfortable :zomg:

Original post by Kambu
i'm scared of driving...even though i have a license :frown: ... BUT i haven't driven once since passing the test. The experience scarred me for life.

I used to s*** myself when I first passed my test every time it came to driving. I used to get really bad anxiety over it and I was just like "OMG who TF put me in charge of a ****ing vehicle!!!???" :rofl: The more you drive, though, it goes away. Been driving 4 and a half years now and think nothing of it, in fact I sometimes go for a drive when I just need to clear my head and have a bit of time to myself to just play some music, enjoy the drive and I come home all chill :h:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Emerald777O
Becoming blind

Me too.

I've recently started to have to monitor my blood glucose as I'm at significant risk of diabetes - diabetic retinopathy is the leading cause of blindness in adults. It terrifies me. :frown:
Reply 19
spiders, I see a spider I just freeze for about 5 minutes before I have the courage to run away. Normally I'd stay out of the room the spider is in for about 45 minutes before I think it's safe enough to walk back in

Quick Reply

Latest