The Student Room Group

I hate university

I g
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Instead of moaning about your teachers who were doing their best for you, be pro-active, join societies, meet new people. If you don't like the source I fail to understand why you applied in the first place.
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Instead of moaning about your teachers who were doing their best for you, be pro-active, join societies, meet new people. If you don't like the source I fail to understand why you applied in the first place.

How did the teachers want the best for me if they didn't increase my predicted grade, in biology I got a B and they said my B is too low to be predicted an A, but they predicted everyone with D's a B and someone who got a C and A. And my head of six-th form forced me to apply to these universities and when I tried to complain the head teacher did nothing
Reply 3
Do you have the A Levels to apply to Surrey? If you have just drop Brunnel and start at Surrey next year or ask for a transfer.
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123

This -^

Any situation is only what you make of it. You filled in your UCAS form (op) and accepted a place at Brunel. Nowt to do with teachers.
Original post by Life18
I go to Brunel uni and I really don't like it there, I don't like the course the people or the atmosphere,. I really wanted to apply for Surrey uni but my teacher don't let me because I was predicted BBC, which I think was unfair as those were my AS results and people with DDD were predicted AAB. I really wanted to go to surrey uni, my friend goes there and she loves it. I don't know what to do because I can't retake because I've already retaken the year. Its come to the point where I come home and cry. I really feel like my sixth form and my teachers have ruined my life, and I hate them.
Can someone please help me?

Is this your second year of funding?

You could of always of taken a gap year and reapplied to surrey and it was your choice to not do that so its not your six form or teachers fault. What grades did you get?
Original post by ByEeek
This -^

Any situation is only what you make of it. You filled in your UCAS form (op) and accepted a place at Brunel. Nowt to do with teachers.

Obviously I filled in my UCAS because I wanted to go to university this year, besides in my sixth form teachers were pushing students to apply for uni, even those who didn't want to go or take a gap year, and Brunel was my highest offer, my other universities had the same entry requirements so obviously I had to make it my firm. Also my teachers forced me to apply to universities I don't want to go to and didn't give me a chance and gave everyone else a chance, obviously its to do with my teachers.
Original post by Life18
Obviously I filled in my UCAS because I wanted to go to university this year, besides in my sixth form teachers were pushing students to apply for uni, even those who didn't want to go or take a gap year, and Brunel was my highest offer, my other universities had the same entry requirements so obviously I had to make it my firm. Also my teachers forced me to apply to universities I don't want to go to and didn't give me a chance and gave everyone else a chance, obviously its to do with my teachers.

Your teachers can't "force" you to apply to any university.
Original post by madmadmax321
Is this your second year of funding?

You could of always of taken a gap year and reapplied to surrey and it was your choice to not do that so its not your six form or teachers fault. What grades did you get?

Yes it is, because she forced me to apply to universities and didn't give me a chance to apply to the university I really wanted to go to, brunel was her choice not mine, but instead encouraged someon-e who got ACCC at AS level to apply to oxford for medicine, and my biology teach-ers increased everyone's predicted grade but mine.
Original post by Astravolt
Your teachers can't "force" you to apply to any university.

She did, she took off the university choices I really wanted to go to , and made me look for universities with lower entry requirements, she didn't give me much of a choice
Original post by Life18
Yes it is, because she forced me to apply to universities and didn't give me a chance to apply to the university I really wanted to go to, brunel was her choice not mine, but instead encouraged someon-e who got ACCC at AS level to apply to oxford for medicine, and my biology teach-ers increased everyone's predicted grade but mine.

Then you should of said no and applied to the places you wanted to go to anyway. Then if that didnt work out because of your predicted grades then you should of taken a gap year and reapplied with grades in hand (I assume you got the required grades if you're saying this is all your teachers fault for 'forcing' you to go to brunel)

Grow up and accept that it was your choice to go to brunel, a gap year or going through clearing were always options open to you but you didnt take them I assume.

Also don't comment on other students grades/what they were predicted as you don't know their circumstances and it doesnt make a difference to you anyway. Try and make the best of the situation you are in now. You have to live by the decisions you make (and you made that decision as you could of dropped out in first year and re applied to other unis including surrey)
Original post by Life18
She did, she took off the university choices I really wanted to go to , and made me look for universities with lower entry requirements, she didn't give me much of a choice

maybe she did it because they thought you have no chance of getting in
Original post by madmadmax321
Then you should of said no and applied to the places you wanted to go to anyway. Then if that didnt work out because of your predicted grades then you should of taken a gap year and reapplied with grades in hand (I assume you got the required grades if you're saying this is all your teachers fault for 'forcing' you to go to brunel)

Grow up and accept that it was your choice to go to brunel, a gap year or going through clearing were always options open to you but you didnt take them I assume.

Also don't comment on other students grades/what they were predicted as you don't know their circumstances and it doesnt make a difference to you anyway. Try and make the best of the situation you are in now. You have to live by the decisions you make (and you made that decision as you could of dropped out in first year and re applied to other unis including surrey)

Can you not tell me to grow up if you didn't know what my circumstances were, in clearing surrey had no accommodation left and obviously it does make a difference to me if they gave everyone a chance and not me, and I don't want to waste another year. Also yes I made that decision but they didn't give me much f a choice did they?
Original post by Ray_Shadows
maybe she did it because they thought you have no chance of getting in

And how is that fair?
Original post by Life18
And how is that fair?

well teachers often know best so they probably thought you be wasting your time , was there some sort of careers adviser at your college u could of talked to
Original post by Life18
Can you not tell me to grow up if you didn't know what my circumstances were, in clearing surrey had no accommodation left and obviously it does make a difference to me if they gave everyone a chance and not me, and I don't want to waste another year. Also yes I made that decision but they didn't give me much f a choice did they?

Okay but there are lots of private halls, student houses etc still so that isnt an excuse. Taking a gap year to go to the uni you say you really wanted to go to isnt wasting a year, its just the path you needed to get to where you wanted to be.

Again you were nearly 18 or you were 18 at the time of applying so you shouldn't of let them force you (not that I see how they forced you still as they could of moaned for the entire year, you could of put down what you wanted to and they couldnt of done a single thing about it?)
well teachers often know best so they probably thought you be wasting your time , was there some sort of careers adviser at your college u could of talked to

This was her first year doing ucas, she was new and there was no careers advisor
Original post by Life18
This was her first year doing ucas, she was new and there was no careers advisor

Who was it exactly that u gave it to , e.g tutor , teacher . What course were u going to do btw
Who was it exactly that u gave it to , e.g tutor , teacher . What course were u going to do btw

The new head of sixth form and I do Biomedical science
What were your actual grades that u got not ur predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest