The Student Room Group

Swollen lymph nodes?

So I had a cold and I'm now recovering (sore throat, general weakness). I felt a pain in my neck and I think my lymph nodes were swollen. I don't have a cold anymore but I think my glands are still swollen which is worrying me. If I feel my neck now I feel no obvious lumps but I feel around a little more on both sides there are small soft pea sized lumps that are not sore unless you really press on them. I don't know if this normal. I don't know and I am a bit worried
Reply 1
Original post by Mitt1
So I had a cold and I'm now recovering (sore throat, general weakness). I felt a pain in my neck and I think my lymph nodes were swollen. I don't have a cold anymore but I think my glands are still swollen which is worrying me. If I feel my neck now I feel no obvious lumps but I feel around a little more on both sides there are small soft pea sized lumps that are not sore unless you really press on them. I don't know if this normal. I don't know and I am a bit worried

Sometimes lymph nodes will swell up with colds etc. Shouldn't be anything to worry about and should go down soon enough now that your cold is gone.
You could always pop into a pharmacy for more advice.
If they hang around like that for a few more weeks you might like to make an appointment with your GP.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Lymph nodes often stay swollen for weeks after the infection has been eliminated. Lymph nodes that remain swollen for 4-5 weeks after recovery should be checked by a doctor but it is extremely unlikely that you have anything sinister.
I've got 3 lymph nodes in my neck that have been swollen for over 6 months, they're just extremely reactive!

Don't stress, just monitor!

Quick Reply

Latest