The Student Room Group

Seeing a Pakistani guy and I'm African. Can this work culturally?

edit
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Rose_Otto
The guy I am seeing I am crazy about. He is British Pakistani and I am British African. His parents and the rest of his family seem really traditional and all his siblings marry Pakistanis and have a traditional wedding. My family is reasonably laidback but they'd prefer me to marry an African.

Can this work? I don't want my heart broken.

My guy claims his family will just have to deal with him marrying whoever he wants.

It depends really. Are you Muslim?
I'm assuming he is.
Original post by GreenBell
It depends really. Are you Muslim?
I'm assuming he is.

What makes you so sure that matters to him?
Reply 3
Theres a YouTube couple who have the same story as this you should check them out it's a Ghanian girl and a Indian guy that got married I can't remember their channel name but you should check them out.
All depends on the guy and his family. if his family are open minded then yes it can work. especially if the two of you want it to work
but sadly most pakistanis are traditional and want their kids to marry 'their own'

it all depends on your boyfriend deep down and how madly he wants to be with you. sadly a lot of pakistani men are easily brainwashed by their parents, i know many cases where british asian guys claimed they were 'in-love' with their non-asian girlfriends but still ended up breaking up with them because they weren't man enough to stand up to their family.
Original post by 0lut0
Theres a YouTube couple who have the same story as this you should check them out it's a Ghanian girl and a Indian guy that got married I can't remember their channel name but you should check them out.

[video="youtube;uo4CxK_lm0U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo4CxK_lm0U[/video]

this couple?
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
What makes you so sure that matters to him?

I'm not sure and I never said that matters to him. Just wanted to know if he's family is Muslim. If she is Muslim, his family are more likely to accept her than a girl who is not a Muslim.
Reply 7
I'm Christian. His family are Muslim but he's not serious about his religion at all.
Original post by Rose_Otto
I'm Christian. His family are Muslim but he's not serious about his religion at all.

The only way to know is to ask him and let him introduce you to his family if you want to know whether it's serious or not. Unfortunately the truth is that many Asian guys tend to go out with non-Asian girls just for fun and won't marry them. Some Asian guys are also serious about their relationship with non-Asian girls so I can't really tell you whether it can work or not.
Original post by 0lut0

I think you're talking about Shamsa if I recall correctly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending