The Student Room Group

Wanting to leave Islam but can't! HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonoymous123
I have been brought up to be an Ahmadi Muslim but over time I have started doubting the religion. Recently, I have discovered that I do not agree with the religion at all and would like to stop wearing the head scarf (which i was forced to wear) and want to stop following the teachings of Islam. However, if I leave Islam, my family will dis-own me and I know this as my uncle and aunt left Islam and the whole family has lost contact with them. What should I do?

If your family will disown you and kick you out then unfortunately the only option may be waiting it out until you're financially independent and then you'll be able to do what you like.
I have been brought up to be an Ahmadi Muslim but over time I have started doubting the religion. Recently, I have discovered that I do not agree with the religion at all and would like to stop wearing the head scarf (which i was forced to wear) and want to stop following the teachings of Islam. However, if I leave Islam, my family will dis-own me and I know this as my uncle and aunt left Islam and the whole family has lost contact with them. What should I do?

There are many types of muslims.
The prophet Mahmmed (SAW) said: "my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire." It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, "Al-Jamaa’ah..."
Maybe the reason why you are confused and dont have any answers means that you are under the incorrect sect
If you decide to change your sect you dont have to tell your parents and you wont have to leave Islam. But leaving the religion is too extreme! out of all the religions Islam is the only one that makes sense.
If you want any more advice you can PM me. I wavered one, just like you and that experience made me a stronger muslim.
Inshallah I'll pray for Allah to guide you sister.
I strongly discourage leaving the religion. Many have sacrificed their lives so you could become Muslim. Also, you are an Ahmadiyya. You should instead, switch to normal Islam as one of the beliefs of Ahmadiyya is believing in an extra prophet.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by logiclad87
Brother dw you do not need to embark on any formal process to leave the religion of Islam, as you mention you are an Ahmadi, in the most bluntest but truest of words you are not a Muslim so I reconsider your question as your fear of leaving the Ahmadiyya community and encountering hostility as a result. In which case I'd advise you to curse the culture in your heart, conceal your beliefs and openly express them the moment you feel you are in safety.

Curious how in debates/discussions about terrorism, Muslims will often come up with a variant of "there are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world and most of them aren't terrorists", but then those same people say "Ahamadi aren't Muslims, Sufis aren't Muslims, Shias aren't Muslims" etc. Nice to see they only use the large numbers when it suits them and don't when they want to highlight the perceived superiority of their own sect...
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Curious how in debates/discussions about terrorism, Muslims will often come up with a variant of "there are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world and most of them aren't terrorists", but then those same people say "Ahamadi aren't Muslims, Sufis aren't Muslims, Shias aren't Muslims" etc. Nice to see they only use the large numbers when it suits them and don't when they want to highlight the perceived superiority of their own sect...

Even if you exclude the other sects, Sunnis make up 90% which is a predominant majority.
Original post by Mahír
Even if you exclude the other sects, Sunnis make up 90% which is a predominant majority.

The point still stands that they’ll group all sects in together to make a number point, but won’t believe they’re all Muslims in practice.

sunni muslims make up 90-92% of muslims
still a large majority
Original post by Ex-pert
sunni muslims make up 90-92% of muslims
still a large majority

plus most of the data excudes ahmaddiya muslims
only including shia nand sunni
*Brother or Sister

She's clearly mentioned headscarf so it's a sister.
[QUOTE="anonoymous123;74260500"]I do understand the reason behind the headscarf, which is
The point still stands that they’ll group all sects in together to make a number point, but won’t believe they’re all Muslims in practice.

There are no groups in Islam. Idiotic people have taken it into their own hands and formed random groups which doesn't make sense.

Theirs only one authentic group in Islam and that is known as Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'aah. This belongs in the one and only sunni sect.

However that said we still accept them even if they are following different Imams or sects. We are all one at the end of the day.
I have been brought up to be an Ahmadi Muslim

Lol you were never a Muslim/part of Islam in the first place
I do understand the reason behind the headscarf, which is that a woman should protect her beauty from all men apart from her husband, however I find it unfair how males don't have to cover themselves. This religions standards are what I don't like, men are seen to be superior and women inferior.

Yes, I see were you’re going. But you’re saying that you don’t understand this religion. Aren’t all religions male dominant and sexist. In fact, Christianity for instance has more sexist comments in the Old Testament than all religions put together. I believe religions are really old fashioned now and people need to put these childish things under the carpet, whilst live reality. But the Qur’an does tell men to cover up too and lower their gaze. I guess the traditional and bigot way of looking at women is that they need more protection in a male dominated society - this shouldn’t be the case though. Women should feel safe with or without clothes. Even christianity for instance tells women to cover their hair but I think the bias in the Bible and the fact that it has been changed many times has led to people to look down upon Old Testament. I myself am a Agnostic and believe that there’s nothing more sensible than believing that Gods existence is unknowable to the human intellect.
Original post by MiszShortee786

There are no groups in Islam. Idiotic people have taken it into their own hands and formed random groups which doesn't make sense.

Theirs only one authentic group in Islam and that is known as Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'aah. This belongs in the one and only sunni sect.

However that said we still accept them even if they are following different Imams or sects. We are all one at the end of the day.

What nonsense, of course there are many sects of Islam! It’s not surprising that you, as a Sunni, claim Sunnism is correct. Similarly, a Shia will say their interpretation is the correct one, an Ahmadi theirs etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
If your family would disown you because you chose not to follow a religious doctrine then do they love you for who you are or what they want you to be.

That may sound cold but when my family found out I was an atheist it was difficult to take for some of them but they didn't disown me.

I am still the son of my parents, the brother of my sister etc. I just happen to be a 20yr old with me own adult opinions.
Brother dw you do not need to embark on any formal process to leave the religion of Islam, as you mention you are an Ahmadi, in the most bluntest but truest of words you are not a Muslim so I reconsider your question as your fear of leaving the Ahmadiyya community and encountering hostility as a result. In which case I'd advise you to curse the culture in your heart, conceal your beliefs and openly express them the moment you feel you are in safety.

@Zamestaneh
To all those Muslims asking, pleading and advising her to stay. You are all selfish and self centered. There is a girl i know who was brought up in a muslim family and a devote muslim, she took her time to study and meditate on the sayings of quran and found at that they were all contradicting itself and it was all lies.
I dont want to go deep in to the quran and reveal some lies but if you all that are claiming to be muslims, remove the blindfold from your eyes and be open minded and take your time to study the quran from the beginning to the end. You will see all the contradictions, falsehood and even bad things that Mohammad did clearly written there( someone who confessed to being possessed by demons, not to mention where women and child were being slaughtered)
Please study and meditate and dont listen to people, check it yourself and you will see everything bodly written
Reply 36

salam sister, i was born ahmadi, was born in rabwa. all my family are all ahmadi, we have worked many years in fazal mosque. i left Jamat 10 years ago, in fact i left everything to do with religion 10 years ago. my understanding from very young age was there is only one truth and that is Ahamdiyyat. as i had keep intrest in religion, some one advised me to read, read Mirza sahib books, as i could read urdu very well, when this person advised me to read Mirza sahib books, i felt really stupid, how told myself how stupid , i never thought of reading Rohanni Khazaain , the wealth mirza sahib has left , and i start reading that wealth, the more i was reading, the more i was getting concerned , and the question occuring to me after reading no one has answers for those, if they did have answers, they were all based on more stories , i had very close friend ship with some top jamat Molvies, non of them could answer my questions, all they were just adding more stories. i spent few years as a non-believer, however, i always used to pray in my heart, please show me right path, please do not leave me alone, my soul was not satisfied as non believer , my family did not wanna know me, they just wanted me to stop questioning and join Jamat again. its long story, if you do wanna know please let me know , i will tell you. Islam has very few simple commands, in regards to parda, i will tell you, Allah says to man first in Chapter Noor, to keep your eyes down, and do not wear revealing clothes, only one extra command to woman, as woman body structure due to childbearing capacity is different than man, that commandment is just to protect woman from those animals who do not follow Allah commands. Alllah says clearly in sura noor Pull that cloth over you when you are in public, the scarf is not compulsory, its just an extra thing due to culture woman has started doing it. pardaa do start from man, the first commandment of Allah is towards man.

Ahmaddiya is a deviant sect and is far away from Islam as possible. It is certainly NOT Islamic. This is also the view according to the scholars of the highest eminence. Ghulam Mirza Ahmed claimed to be a prophet and receive revelation. Anyone who follows him is not a Muslim since Muhammad SAW was the last prophet and to say otherwise is going against the very principle of Islam. I’d urge you to look into Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jammah:smile:
Reply 38
, ju ii, they are
Original post by jker364
Ahmaddiya is a deviant sect and is far away from Islam as possible. It is certainly NOT Islamic. This is also the view according to the scholars of the highest eminence. Ghulam Mirza Ahmed claimed to be a prophet and receive revelation. Anyone who follows him is not a Muslim since Muhammad SAW was the last prophet and to say otherwise is going against the very principle of Islam. I’d urge you to look into Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jammah:smile:

JazzakAllah JKR, for me anyone say Kalima , and declare himself or herself Muslim are Muslim, what kind of Muslim they are what is in their heart is between them and Allah, Allah is the best Judge, we do not have any right to declare someone Kafir or non-muslim if they clearly declaring themselves Muslim. look at it in pakistan its like a factory of Kafir Making, every other muslim in pakistan is Kafir. Allhum du LILLa i am Muslim thats all, no shia ,sunni, ahamdi muslim or Ahelay Sunnat, just Muslim, as Mohammad SWS was.
Original post by ahmedsr
, ju ii, they areJazzakAllah JKR, for me anyone say Kalima , and declare himself or herself Muslim are Muslim, what kind of Muslim they are what is in their heart is between them and Allah, Allah is the best Judge, we do not have any right to declare someone Kafir or non-muslim if they clearly declaring themselves Muslim. look at it in pakistan its like a factory of Kafir Making, every other muslim in pakistan is Kafir. Allhum du LILLa i am Muslim thats all, no shia ,sunni, ahamdi muslim or Ahelay Sunnat, just Muslim, as Mohammad SWS was.

Wa antum fa jazakamullah khairun. Indeed we have no right to make takfir on a Muslim however this is not the case for Ahmediyyas (from a deviant sect which is far from Islam). Furthermore, due to the number of sects that have been made, it is necessary to distinguish the people on the correct path from everyone else, so to say the ahle sunnah wal jamaah are on the correct path is not incorrect since all this means is following the way of the messenger Muhammad PBUH, which ultimately every Muslim should do. Above all, we (Muslims) must hold strongly onto the rope of Allah (the Quran and Hadith) and be not divided.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending