The Student Room Group

TOEFL vs IELTS

Which do Universities like more? I'd assume It would be IELTS because I have already previously applied to U.K universities In which the requirements from the universities often mentioned that I should complete an IELTS academic test instead of a TOEFL one. Either way I'd appreciate a more informed opinion on this topic.
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
Which do Universities like more? I'd assume It would be IELTS because I have already previously applied to U.K universities In which the requirements from the universities often mentioned that I should complete an IELTS academic test instead of a TOEFL one. Either way I'd appreciate a more informed opinion on this topic.

UKVI approved centre IELTS is simpler for visa purposes.
IELTS is taken by over 1.4 million candidates each year and is recognised by more than 6000 institutions in over 135 countries.

The TOEFL test is recognized by more than 8000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries.

Whether you should take IELTS or TOEFL really depends on the reason you need to take an English language test.

If you need to take a test for entrance into a university in an English speaking country, you should check which test or tests is/are recognised by the university you want to apply to.

Likewise, if you need to take a test as part of your application to immigrate to another country, then you should check which test you need to take with the government immigration department or an immigration agent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending