The Student Room Group

Written work for Oxford

Hi! I am an Italian sudent and I would like to study History at Oxford. I am supposed to send them a written work, which is a historical essay about a topic of A2 level, but, since italian school system is really different from the english one, I have no idea of what "A2" means and what kind of essay they want, I mean, I am used ot write essays in a different way that maybe is completely wrong. Could somebody help me?
Original post by leo1999rome
Hi! I am an Italian sudent and I would like to study History at Oxford. I am supposed to send them a written work, which is a historical essay about a topic of A2 level, but, since italian school system is really different from the english one, I have no idea of what "A2" means and what kind of essay they want, I mean, I am used ot write essays in a different way that maybe is completely wrong. Could somebody help me?

They want an essay from this year, i.e the final year of the 6th form course. I think a normal essay's fine, but I'll tag Braesnose for confirmation. @BrasenoseAdm see above.

Hello leo1999rome,

Although if you are not sure you can (and should!) contact your College to ask them what to submit (it is always best to suggest a few different examples so that they know what you have to choose from), we can give you a little bit of guidance!

'A2' refers to the second half of the two year period preceding University for UK students taking A-levels (ie the second half of the A-level). You don't need to worry about the specifics, but should try to submit work from as recently as possible (UK students should submit work from their current academic year).

Brasenose Admissions
Reply 3
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Hello leo1999rome,

Although if you are not sure you can (and should!) contact your College to ask them what to submit (it is always best to suggest a few different examples so that they know what you have to choose from), we can give you a little bit of guidance!

'A2' refers to the second half of the two year period preceding University for UK students taking A-levels (ie the second half of the A-level). You don't need to worry about the specifics, but should try to submit work from as recently as possible (UK students should submit work from their current academic year).

Brasenose Admissions
Ok but I don’t know if your A2 history is my last year history programme, I just started WW1, is it A2? Thank you anyway
Ok but I don’t know if your A2 history is my last year history programme, I just started WW1, is it A2? Thank you anyway

The subject matter doesn't matter - if you have work from this year on WW1 that is fine. If you only have work from last year, that would also be fine.
Reply 5
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
The subject matter doesn't matter - if you have work from this year on WW1 that is fine. If you only have work from last year, that would also be fine.

Ok got it thank you!!
Reply 6
I'm really confused by what they mean by "marked written work" so does that mean comments written by the teacher without a score doesn't count?
Reply 7
Hello everyone, I have a bit of a paranoic question: are they supposed to send me a confirmation e-mail once I have submitted my written work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending