The Student Room Group

Its 9's or NOTHING......

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedGiant
Not really. GCSEs are by far the easiest public examinations anyone will ever do. If someone decides to invest a a fair bit of time and effort into it, they can very easily get 20 A*s.

What did you get?
your work ethic was much better than mine at GCSE, I see the 9s on the results sheet for you! I was the first year to do new spec Maths and English :rofl:

Me? I rolled around, procrastinated like hell, waffled my a** off in English Literature, and still got a 9, so if I can, anyone can, especially someone with passion!
Reply 22
Not really. GCSEs are by far the easiest public examinations anyone will ever do. If someone decides to invest a a fair bit of time and effort into it, they can very easily get 20 A*s.

That cool - how much revision time would you recommend for me to start doing (excluding hw)
Original post by AryanGh
your work ethic was much better than mine at GCSE, I see the 9s on the results sheet for you! I was the first year to do new spec Maths and English :rofl:

Me? I rolled around, procrastinated like hell, waffled my a** off in English Literature, and still got a 9, so if I can, anyone can, especially someone with passion!

can confirm me and my friend slept through englit and got 9s.

Good luck anyway, I hope you can keep up this work ethic! :h:
Reply 24
Original post by AryanGh

Aww thank you so much! and congrats on your amazing results but the thing is where a bit alike - my work ethic is good but I'm also a procrastinator ( like a major one) do you u have any tips on how I should stop procastinating?😂
Reply 25
Original post by _gcx

Lolll😂😂 I'll try!
Original post by _gcx

scurry along back to your textiles hwk little boy
Original post by Hanaf
Aww thank you so much! and congrats on your amazing results but the thing is where a bit alike - my work ethic is good but I'm also a procrastinator ( like a major one) do you u have any tips on how I should stop procastinating?😂

Tips on how to stop procrastinating? i threw my phone away, like literally, when i'd start revising, i'd flamboyantly throw my phone away at the wall so i wouldn't look at it, ended up cracking the screen and breaking the phone : ^ )

don't buy moto g4

also i'm not the best person to go to when it comes to procrastination tips, i.e i have a maths test tomorrow i should be revising for :^)
Can't wait to see your blog! I'm also in year 11 too :h:
Original post by Hanaf
Thank u!

What exam board are you doing for rs I'm doing aqa and struggling on how to structure my notes

If someone decides to invest a fair bit of time and effort into any exam, they can nail it. What's your point?
Original post by Hanaf
Hi :hello::five:

My names Hana and i'm taking part in the grow your grades competition 2017!!!

5 FACTS ABOUT ME ;-

Spoiler

1)I'd like to get 9's in all 10 of my GCSE'S- and i'll be daily blogging my journey in doing so!

:u:

2)I'm taking these GCSE'S:- English Language, English Lit,Science,Maths,R.S,History,Arabic and Urdu (which i already sat in year 10!)

:tongue:

3)My favvvv colour is orange

:lovedup:

4)I love helping

:banana:

5) I want to be a doctor in the future

:lolz:

so yeh that's just a brief back ground info about me and i can't wait to start daily blogging from tommorw from know
seeys x
H
P.S Don't ask me why I used these emojis:biggrin:
P.S.S leave your acc names in the comments so I can make new friends to join me in this journey!!!
P.S.S.S -nah just kiddin:colone:

Hi! I am also doing my GCSE'S in 2018 and also aiming high. Fun Fact: I also want to do medicine (Hopefully). I already did my CRS GCSE and got an A* but how are y'all revising???? I always revise in the last minute but hey ho it helps me feel the pressure to do well :smile:
Original post by Hanaf

My tip for procrastinating is try to procrastinate efficiently, so rather than trying not the procrastinate, you should procrastinate by doing work in another subject e.g. one that you feel like working on and then just come back to what you were working on originally later on
Reply 33
To stop procrastinating I would turn notifications off permanently for any social media. And revision for me is more effective in the morning so any important revision I do is before 12pm.
Original post by GrandExecutioner
If someone decides to invest a fair bit of time and effort into any exam, they can nail it. What's your point?

The point couldn't be more clear. It was that GCSEs are relatively the easiest public examinations that anyone will ever do. Sherlock.
Original post by Hanaf
In maths and English I'm a six but for the rest I'm a grade 7/8/ 9.but I'd really like to get 9's overall anyway good luck for ur exams and have you taken your mocks yet??

honestly, I'm not sure whether this will be the case with your year as you will have more of an idea of where the grades are, but my school completely overestimated how hard the exams were going to be. I remember, in my last maths mock about a month before the real thing, I got a 7, and ended up with a 9 in the exams. So I wouldn't worry about where you are right now too much.
Hey Hana,

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this journey. I have been predicted all 9's and I feel confident that I can achieve the grades in these subjects:

English Literature, English Language, History, Geography, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics

I did the Math and Arabic GCSEs two years ago and achieved an A* in both.

If you ever need any help with revision and studying for your upcoming mocks, don't hesitate to inform me and I will try to help as much as possible.
Reply 37
Original post by AryanGh
Tips on how to stop procrastinating? i threw my phone away, like literally, when i'd start revising, i'd flamboyantly throw my phone away at the wall so i wouldn't look at it, ended up cracking the screen and breaking the phone : ^ )

don't buy moto g4

also i'm not the best person to go to when it comes to procrastination tips, i.e i have a maths test tomorrow i should be revising for :^)

Ahahahah 😂😂 get revising now
Reply 38
Original post by HN786
What exam board are you doing for rs I'm doing aqa and struggling on how to structure my notes

I'm doing ed excel but for your notes try different techniques for example do you like mind maps,notes or bullet pointing.also there's loads of utube vedios that I've been watching and they have tutorials on how to write notes so I hope that helps!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Faeeza.Ifti
Can't wait to see your blog! I'm also in year 11 too :h:

Sending u a virtual high 5!!:five:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending