The Student Room Group

How many hours of studying are current year 12s doing during half term?

I'm being quite productive myself, doing 6 hours roughly per day (where I just review the content already covered, learn ahead of my class, and practice applying maths knowledge to questions). I'm doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.

Disclaimer: If you're not doing any, you're fine. I just like to learn ahead of my classes.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm just doing HW.
Maybe 4 hours per day, but it is mainly homework
I spend 3 hrs every day reading ahead or going over what I have previously learned. I also tend to rewrite my notes to make it look neat while adding extra information. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
Reply 4
Original post by ChairTyson
Maybe 4 hours per day, but it is mainly homework

Original post by TheAlchemistress
I'm just doing HW.

How much HW do you have? I've only got a couple of worksheets to fill in (won't take more than an hour each).
Original post by RedGiant
How much HW do you have? I've only got a couple of worksheets to fill in (won't take more than an hour each).

I've got a maths test, and a bit of physics hwk but not much.

A LOT!
Download the forest app, it’s a great way to track how much revision you are doing!
doing maths but idk if that qualifies as "stuying" because it's more of a hobby to me.

otherwise I've been meaning to get ahead in physics but I haven't, I've been playing mw3 instead.
I'm in year 13 now, honestly just go over what you've done in class to ensure you understand it and do your homework. Do maybe an hour of practice questions a week too - don't burn yourself out in the first term of year 12.
10 hours p/day! just like GCSE, i've got tests coming up too! I know it sounds awry but it's just 7 until 5, so it's all good, also gives me a chance to get ahead.
I've kind of been neglecting revision this half term :redface:. That being said, I did do a couple hours of biology reading today and I did my maths homework the other day which took a while to do.
I think I'll start actually revising tomorrow. I'm just too tired atm
Original post by AryanGh
10 hours p/day! just like GCSE, i've got tests coming up too! I know it sounds awry but it's just 7 until 5, so it's all good, also gives me a chance to get ahead.

I could have sworn your half term hasn't started :tongue:

I personally haven't been doing much :hide: I should be doing quite a bit since I have loads of homework, but I've done one piece so far. I think my free on Monday morning might have to be used...:oops: In my defense though, my grandparents are here so we're doing stuff all day and it's my birthday this week so I'm meeting friends. And I'm in a show so we have rehearsals. So it's not like I'm sitting playing games all day...
Original post by Lemur14
I could have sworn your half term hasn't started :tongue:

I personally haven't been doing much :hide: I should be doing quite a bit since I have loads of homework, but I've done one piece so far. I think my free on Monday morning might have to be used...:oops: In my defense though, my grandparents are here so we're doing stuff all day and it's my birthday this week so I'm meeting friends. And I'm in a show so we have rehearsals. So it's not like I'm sitting playing games all day...

f o r e s h a d o w i n g . . . . . . .

what is free time? :iiam:
Original post by Imogen1208
Download the forest app, it’s a great way to track how much revision you are doing!

I love Forest! I use it all the time, and one week I logged 50 hours of revision🙈
Doing physics maths economics
So far have done around 3 hours a day doing physics sheets of questions and redoing a practical planning to do rest of physics homework in the next 2 days then doing maths and economics homework
Original post by Courtney19
I love Forest! I use it all the time, and one week I logged 50 hours of revision🙈

Wow! I think the most I did was 44🙈 I loved buying all the new trees😂
Reply 17
Original post by AryanGh

You actually serious? You're in October year 12 and you're doing 10 hours a day?

I don't think even typical year 13 student in April does that much...
(edited 6 years ago)
You actually serious? You're in October year 12 and you're doing 10 hours a day? That's what I was doing in Easter holidays of GCSE...

I have an Asian father :^)

Lol I do your exact subjects, it's not an equally distributed ratio lol

it's like 4:4:2 between Phys, Chem, Maths (FM doesn't start yet)
Original post by Imogen1208
Wow! I think the most I did was 44🙈 I loved buying all the new trees😂

I was cramming for a biology mock all week😂 So do I, it’s a good incentive to actually revise😂

Quick Reply

Latest