The Student Room Group

How much revision is every one doing so far in A Level?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AryanGh
Starting off slightly light for about 4 hours a school day and about 6-8 on weekends, when the exam period starts, I will bump this up higher.

I'm Asian, so I don't get worn out that easily.

I'm trying to do a lot this half term but I spend sooo much time on 1 thing it feels like such a waste of time at the end of the day :frown:
I do 5 hours on weekdays and 0-1 hours on weekends, (I know should do more on weekends) Currently in half term I'm doing 6-8 hours a day to really stretch my knowlege, as medicine has very high requirements so you gotta do what you gotta do :u:
Reply 22
I know it says A levels. But I’m in year 10 and have been doing 2-6 hours each day. Now I’m stressed. : (
Original post by Mxf.e
I know it says A levels. But I’m in year 10 and have been doing 2-6 hours each day. Now I’m stressed. : (

Wow. I don’t even remember revising that much in year 10. To be honest I don’t see the point because you’ll probably wear your self out for revising next year but good for you anyway. Maybe have a couple days per week where you give yourself a break, so you’re less stressed?
Reply 24
Yeah, I’m currently trying to organise myself to minimal revision to stop stress and only revise for school quizzes and create notes for subjects so I don’t have to worry about it in year 11. And thank you. X
Original post by Mxf.e
Yeah, I’m currently trying to organise myself to minimal revision to stop stress and only revise for school quizzes and create notes for subjects so I don’t have to worry about it in year 11. And thank you. X

I wish I had done notes for subjects in year 10, because it would have made me so much less stressed in year 11, so your definitely doing the right thing. 🙂
Original post by Twinkybobs
You’re already doing that much? I’m doing nowhere near that much.... what year are you in?

yr13

kinda gotta be on my game, with uni looming and the whole final exams thing :smile:

if you're in yr 12, don't worry about not doing so much. there's less pressure for you lot. i think just planning for the new term is all you guys need

although if ur in yr 13 then lmaooooo
Reply 27
Original post by Twinkybobs
I wouldn’t say I find it easy, but it isn’t as hard as I thought it would be. In secondary school every one said a levels would be a massive jump but I haven’t really felt like it has been. But there is definitely a lot more stuff you need to know. I also didn’t expect there to be as much maths in psychology. Maybe that’s just me.

yeah I totally agree with you on the alevels being a big jump from gcses because I don't see that much of a difference? and I'm in year 13 doing 4alevels, and find that the only difference is there's a lot to learn.
I'm trying to equate the amount of hours of lesson time to the amount of revision time. I'm not at the level yet but I'm getting there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending