The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Study abroad when i've been accepted to uni for 2018 september course

I recently heared that during your university study you can go on a exchange ptogramme abroad and finish your course there . So i want to know that if im accepted for university in england, is it possible to exchange my place for a place abroad before i go to uni in england and do my course there for 3 years?
Reply 1
No, you'd have to separately apply for the foreign university and have them accept you. This would effect your funding options too remember.
The only way to 'exchange' your place was if your university has a campus in another country and you went there. I think mine has one in Costa Rica or somewhere like that and I'd imagine I could probably choose to go there instead provided I qualified?
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Thalamic
No, you'd have to separately apply for the foreign university and have them accept you. This would effect your funding options too remember.
The only way to 'exchange' your place was if your university has a campus in another country and you went there. I think mine has one in Costa Rica or somewhere like that and I'd imagine I could probably choose to go there instead provided I qualified?

What I forgot to say is that what you've heard of is probably Erasmus, take a look at their website and look at things like the study abroad fair if you do want to study abroad. However this would mean you'd most likely have to reapply for university still.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending