The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Stuck between 2 really good universities

Hi
I will be starting uni next September and i have got my 5 choices but my top two (edge hill and john moores) are soooo good and i dont know which one to pick.
The dream is to go into editing films and tv. And i can do that at edge hill, however the location of the uni means social life might be harder. But the uni has good links to liverpool and salford.
Whereas john moores media production course is really good, but they dont do film, however they put everyone on temporary placements with production companies and i could go into film.
Im really not sure because i love film and want to go into film production but because its so competitive im worried i will do the course and not be able to find a job. But part of me want to go to liverpool because of the location however edge hill is just so nice and everything is on one campus.
Anyone from either of these unis can you try to persuade me and tell me why i should go to these universities.
Thanks
Original post by hollyjw
Hi
I will be starting uni next September and i have got my 5 choices but my top two (edge hill and john moores) are soooo good and i dont know which one to pick.
The dream is to go into editing films and tv. And i can do that at edge hill, however the location of the uni means social life might be harder. But the uni has good links to liverpool and salford.
Whereas john moores media production course is really good, but they dont do film, however they put everyone on temporary placements with production companies and i could go into film.
Im really not sure because i love film and want to go into film production but because its so competitive im worried i will do the course and not be able to find a job. But part of me want to go to liverpool because of the location however edge hill is just so nice and everything is on one campus.
Anyone from either of these unis can you try to persuade me and tell me why i should go to these universities.
Thanks

Sounds like Edge Hill would be the better choice from what you're describing. I wouldn't worry too much about the social side of things you're going to make new friends when you go to either and as you say it's not like its far away from everywhere.

Good luck
(edited 6 years ago)
Liverpool
Original post by hollyjw
Hi
Thanks

Choose....now!
Reply 3
Original post by hollyjw
Hi
Thanks

You have until May to choose between any offers. There. Is. No. Rush.
Reply 4
Thank you!
It sounds to me that you have already made up your mind. Edge Hill seems ideal and despite the other offering film placement, any learning you can get in an environment that allows you to mess up is probably best. That's my opinion anyway.
As for social life, you will meet plenty new people on your course, probably all in the same boat as you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending