The Student Room Group

A Level History?

Hi,
I'm in Year 11, applying for sixth forms. I enjoy history at GCSE but I do struggle with timing quite a bit. I know I can improve on it and it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but how hard is history at A Level? Any help would be much appreciated,
Thank you.
Original post by AlbabA
Hi,
I'm in Year 11, applying for sixth forms. I enjoy history at GCSE but I do struggle with timing quite a bit. I know I can improve on it and it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but how hard is history at A Level? Any help would be much appreciated,
Thank you.

I'm disappointed. I thought you was asking about the history of A levels. :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by DYoverDX
I'm disappointed. I thought you was asking about the history of A levels. :frown:

I take it you don't take history then? 😪
Original post by AlbabA
I take it you don't take history then? 😪

Oh, no I do do history.

Spoiler

I did history at AS and the essay writing was a bit more complex but once you got the hang of that it was alright. A bit harder than GCSE obviously but not a big step up. I got roughly the same percentage at AS level as I did at GCSE
Reply 5
Original post by DYoverDX
Oh, no I do do history.

Spoiler

Care to share?

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by Student-95
I did history at AS and the essay writing was a bit more complex but once you got the hang of that it was alright. A bit harder than GCSE obviously but not a big step up. I got roughly the same percentage at AS level as I did at GCSE

That's very reassuring. Thank you:smile:
I'm currently in Year 13 doing A level History and you can do so many practise essays that I'm sure would improve your timings! What is more stressful in my view is the amount of content there is to learn, but even that can be okay as long as you revise as you go.
Reply 8
Original post by xloismoorex
I'm currently in Year 13 doing A level History and you can do so many practise essays that I'm sure would improve your timings! What is more stressful in my view is the amount of content there is to learn, but even that can be okay as long as you revise as you go.

Definitely a good idea! Thank you:smile: How did AS go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending