The Student Room Group

Jekyll and Hyde

Which extract was used in the Summer 2017 English Literature exam for Jekyll and Hyde?
Original post by ursbhhdb
Which extract was used in the Summer 2017 English Literature exam for Jekyll and Hyde?

i did my exam last summer but i dont remember the extract apart from there a part to do with the door.
could anyone complete my survey for my epq

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MP3H7LF
Reply 2
Sure; if I list the chapters, does that help?
something about utterson seeing jekyll in his window then he had a weird look on his face and closed the window
Reply 4
Thanks, is it the bit with the 'abject terror and despair'?
It was a really big extract from the Carew Murder Case. Basically the big where Hyde is killing Carew.
Thanks, is it the bit with the 'abject terror and despair'?

I think so, yeah.

The question was something like 'does stevenson present jekyll as a character you are sympathetic for'. it was along the lines of that

edit: it's this : Jekyll and Hyde- How does Stevenson make us as a reader feel sympathy towards Jekyll?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Vinster2000
It was a really big extract from the Carew Murder Case. Basically the big where Hyde is killing Carew.

Which board did you do though?
Reply 8
Thanks, AQA right?
Which board did you do though?

OCR
Thanks, AQA right?

Yeah AQA
Reply 11
How did you find it- what did you get?
How did you find it- what did you get?

Got an 8 overall the question was Ok I guess. Wasn't really prepared for Jekyll specifically I was hoping for Utterson
Reply 13
That's brilliant- how did you revise?
For AQA I think it was chapter 7 (when Mr Utterson and Enfield talk to Jekyll through the window), but I remember the exam board actually made a mistake with the number on the paper!

The question was about how Stevenson made readers feel sympathy for Jekyll in the extract and in the rest of the novella:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Daisy2001
For AQA I think it was chapter 7 (when Mr Utterson and Enfield talk to Jekyll through the window), but I remember the exam board actually made a mistake with the number on the paper!

The question was about how Stevenson made readers feel sympathy for Jekyll in the extract and in the rest of the novella:smile:

Thanks Daisy!
That's brilliant- how did you revise?

I watched videos from Mr Bruff and Mr salles. Mr salles is a lot better for j&H but Mr bruff gives you good starting knowledge so start with him.

Watch student exemplar vids from Mr Bruff on j&h.

Take notes on theme, characters, context etc and memorise quotes and points

Most importantly practice questions (closed book) and give them to your teacher to mark. good luck :smile:
Reply 17
Thanks, been watching student exemplar videos today but haven't heard of Mr Salles- will have a look. Answering some practice questions too today- thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending