The Student Room Group

Fast track A-levels or As-level and A2-level (online)

Hi.
Guys I want to know which one is easier or better Fast track A-levels or As-level and A2-level (online) because I want to do the exams as fast as possible to apply for the entry of 2019 for medicine? And which online website or online college do you recommend me ?
Please reply
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by WCL
Hi.
Guys I want to know which one is easier or better Fast track A-levels or As-level and A2-level (online)

A2 doesn't really exist anymore - it was the second year of modular A levels and A levels are now linear.

Are you asking whether it is better to attend a college to do A levels in a year or to study them online?
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
A2 doesn't really exist anymore - it was the second year of modular A levels and A levels are now linear.

Are you asking whether it is better to attend a college to do A levels in a year or to study them online?

For example, if I studied fast track a-levels for maths do I have to take 2 test as and a2 or just one test ?
Reply 3
Original post by WCL
For example, if I studied fast track a-levels for maths do I have to take 2 test as and a2 or just one test ?

There are no A2 exams and the AS results no longer contribute to the A level grade. You just take the A level exams. If you're taking a while (e.g. 2 years) over studying the whole thing and would like a formal assessment of how you're doing part way through then you could take the AS exams at that point (e.g after a year), but how you did in those would not directly affect your final A level grade and it would be an added expense.

Quick Reply

Latest