The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mzngstdnt
I am gonna have to do this test too - in a few hours. I still don't know what to study for it.

People who have done this already:
1) What do I need to know for this test (as in what to revise) ?
2) Can I do the practice test first and then do real one after a few hours or do I have to do practise and real back to back ?
3) Is it multiple choice / print - fill - scan / type up ?
4) What if my internet disconnects ?

1) Just get your A level maths right and some basic programming skills right and you should be okay.
2) No idea, but I did the practice and then the real one. Pretty sure there's only one chance for you to get the real one right.
3) Multiple choice
4) Rip. (Actually idk about this, email them about it?)

All the best!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by AndyLai9879
1) Just get your A level maths right and some basic programming skills right and you should be okay.
2) No idea, but I did the practice and then the real one. Pretty sure there's only one chance for you to get the real one right.
3) Multiple choice
4) Rip. (Actually idk about this, email them about it?)

All the best!

Thanks for this. So as in A Level Maths, is C12 enough ? Cause we haven't done a lot in C3, nothing in C4. Also what about S1/D1/M1 ? Do I need to know any of that ?
Thanks for this. So as in A Level Maths, is C12 enough ? Cause we haven't done a lot in C3, nothing in C4. Also what about S1/D1/M1 ? Do I need to know any of that ?

I'm international and I have no idea what are any of these C1 C2 things lol. Guess our A levels differ a bit. What we did are like binomial expansion, integration, differentiation, differential equation, polynomial etc...
I'm international and I have no idea what are any of these C1 C2 things lol. Guess our A levels differ a bit. What we did are like binomial expansion, integration, differentiation, differential equation, polynomial etc...

Hm it is suprising that you are doing A Level but haven't heard of C1234. I never thought it would differ that much between countries. Your topics seem more or less the same.

Thanks a lot for help.
Hm it is suprising that you are doing A Level but haven't heard of C1234. I never thought it would differ that much between countries. Your topics seem more or less the same.

Thanks a lot for help.

Ikr, anyway all the best for the test :smile:
Ikr, anyway all the best for the test :smile:

Thanks !
Mothafukas, what was this. I mean, the test was ok, but the time gutted me hard.
Ikr. 2 questions were literally over my head.
Anyone else completely mess up that test??
I didn't get anything of that sort. Argh! Had I got integration and differentiation I would have probably aced it.
yh I think they mix up the qs so everyone gets different topics
Reply 51
Just did mine... it was time pressured ngl. Questions were weird, there were like 2 which confused me.
Reply 52
It was actually okay tbh, but there was two questions where the notation messed me up so I had to make an educated guess :P
I just did the test today, I reckon I got 6/8, although I also reckon I would've got 7/8 if I didn't run out of time (it was a matter of seconds so the last question I was on didn't count).

Do you think I'll get an interview?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by breadsd
I just did the test today, I reckon I got 6/8, although I also reckon I would've got 7/8 if I didn't run out of time (it was a matter of seconds so the last question I was on didn't count).

Do you think I'll get an interview?

I thought you couldn't find out your score? it am I wrong
Reply 55
Original post by PickleRic
I thought you couldn't find out your score? it am I wrong

He said that he reckons... he doesn't actually know his score.
Reply 56
I took 5.5/6 in the practice tests. In the actual test I couldn't see any grades but I possibly missed the question with the differential equation
(edited 6 years ago)
Everyone who wants to see what grade they got, here's how to do it:

After you're done there are tabs at the top that let you see what tests you've been assigned. There should be something that says something along the lines of exam or grades report or feedback or whatever it is. Just click around and you'll be able to display your score.
Reply 58
Original post by Cfghssfghbjhbb
Everyone who wants to see what grade they got, here's how to do it:

After you're done there are tabs at the top that let you see what tests you've been assigned. There should be something that says something along the lines of exam or grades report or feedback or whatever it is. Just click around and you'll be able to display your score.

theres just a - there?
Just done, I'm pretty sure I got 7/8 :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending