The Student Room Group

beyonce is overrated

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yesmynameis
Im sorry but the likes of rhiana can barely be compared to someone like adele, for example. She basically speaks her songs, puts in no emotion and is very repetitive and generic. The vast majority of 'her' songs are not even hers, so she lacks originality too. I think people just like her because she is beautiful, as with many pop starts nowadays, such as selena gomez. Its such a shame that people with zero talent are overrated just for their good loks when there are many way more talented people in their field. sigh

Rihanna is ok at singing , nothing special but her songs are amazing (If you get what I mean )
i wanna ask OP which singer they think deserves the attention beyonce gets
She's alright - I don't get why women worship her. I also don't particularly like this whole "strong woman" image people perceive her as having yet she has stayed with a husband who openly makes songs about cheating on her? Doesn't seem like strong to me but whatever.
The Kardashians & Jenner's are overrated. I can never understand why people invest so much in their lives.

Beyoncé isn't god-like by any means, but at least she's talented in comparison to other media worshipped celebs.
Original post by persephones
i wanna ask OP which singer they think deserves the attention beyonce gets

there are many, but some that I can think of off the top of my head include ariana grande, demi lovato, little mix, adele, sabrina carpenter, zara larrson but there are so many more
Original post by AOA_
The Kardashians & Jenner's are overrated. I can never understand why people invest so much in their lives.

Beyoncé isn't god-like by any means, but at least she's talented in comparison to other media worshipped celebs.

yes I agree with you on the kardashians. why we idolise them i have no idea
Reply 47
your mum is overrated.
Original post by Changing Skies
Agreed. I think Lady Gaga is far more talented. But then I know lots of people dislike her too :lol:

Was scrolling down to see if anyone would say this because it's always good to see if there are other LG lovers around. Keep on preaching
Original post by ChallengeLover
Was scrolling down to see if anyone would say this because it's always good to see if there are other LG lovers around. Keep on preaching

She's amazing!! Seeing her tour in Amsterdam in January :love:
She's amazing!! Seeing her tour in Amsterdam in January :love:

I'm so jealous rn because you get to the the most beautifully crazy musician live.
Original post by teeyaax
your mum is overrated.

my mum is underrated
Agreed. I think Lady Gaga is far more talented. But then I know lots of people dislike her too :lol:

Lady Gaga is way better and is more fun to listen to.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
She's alright - I don't get why women worship her. I also don't particularly like this whole "strong woman" image people perceive her as having yet she has stayed with a husband who openly makes songs about cheating on her? Doesn't seem like strong to me but whatever.

I repped you for this but you basically just explained it, they buy into the personality like with most pop stars.

Always knew their marriage was a sham.

Quick Reply

Latest