The Student Room Group

A-level subject courses

Anyone got any advise or opinions on what the easiest/toughest subjects are at a-level, based on experience. I know that none are supposed to be particularly ‘easy’ but in comparison to your other choices, which was the easiest to understand or sit an exam for??
Biology was definitely the hardest for me. There's so much content and I really struggled with it.

Geography and Psychology were pretty equal. I had to resit AS Geography but I didn't find it hard. It was a massive shock that I got a D (tbh everybody in my class got Ds or lower, the school got all papers remarked. Turned out to be a really harsh paper). So that was difficult in the sense that I had to keep revising AS stuff whilst also learning A2 content.

Psychology was difficult because there were so many case studies and little facts to memorise. Also, trying to write 6 essays in 2 hours was challenging.

I got B in Biology, A in Geography and A* in Psychology.
Honestly the easiest and hardest a levels depend on you. But what’s enjoyable and what’s hard are super different things. For example A level chemistry is hard and I struggle a little but I equally love it
Original post by DrawTheLine
Biology was definitely the hardest for me. There's so much content and I really struggled with it.

Geography and Psychology were pretty equal. I had to resit AS Geography but I didn't find it hard. It was a massive shock that I got a D (tbh everybody in my class got Ds or lower, the school got all papers remarked. Turned out to be a really harsh paper). So that was difficult in the sense that I had to keep revising AS stuff whilst also learning A2 content.

Psychology was difficult because there were so many case studies and little facts to memorise. Also, trying to write 6 essays in 2 hours was challenging.

How did you go about revising for psychology?
Original post by rebebeb
How did you go about revising for psychology?

Practice papers, mind maps, flash cards, quizlet quizzes, repetition.
This entirely depends on your personal inclinations and abilities. For some, Maths will be the easiest A-level, followed closely by Further Maths. For others, either of those two would be impossible prospects.

Selecting options based on what is allegedly easiest will inevitably backfire as the odds that your particular learning styles and personal interests align with that of the advising individual are extremely low. You'll probably find yourself taking something that is easy for that person, but may well not be easy for you.
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine

Thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending