The Student Room Group

Hardest a level?

The title is self explanatory. What's the hardest a level?

Scroll to see replies

Physics, by far for me.
Reply 2
Physics, further maths or chem
Chemistry
Reply 4
still dont get how people say chem tbh. maybe it's to do with exam boards but on mine (OCR) chem really wasn't that hard. at least for me. and I absolutely hate/am not good at maths etc too. guess it's down to people's individual adaptations to each subject.
Reply 5
Chem
Chem >>> F Math > Physics
The one you hate/find boring
if i don't get into uni it'll be because of physics tbh
The one you have the least interest or aptitude in.

I'm fairly certain I would never have been able to pass Business Studies due to the tedious nature of the content, and I would have struggled to scrape a pass in Spanish, despite getting a B in GCSE before my 6th form studies, because of how weak I am at language learning (which is why I swapped from SL Spanish to ab initio German after two weeks :wink: ).

So it entirely depends on you, and not others.

What is with these raft of new threads about the "easiest" or "hardest" A-level subjects? It's irrelevant. Do you like it? Good, now put your nose to the grindstone and work at it, and the fact you enjoy the subject will make it feel less like work. Don't like it? Good, don't take it. Problem solved.
(edited 6 years ago)
Personally, I am finding Physics the most difficult out of my 3 A levels. But with a bit of revision I should be able to understand the terminology
Further maths for sure. **** was like rocket science.
Any language A level
Reply 13
Computer Science for sure !
This is such a ridiculous thread.

The hardest A-Level will be the one that you aren't good at..
For example, I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and I find Physics quite challenging, but that doesn't make it the hardest A-Level...
In my opinion, German (or any unknown foreign language for that matter) would be the hardest A-Level, because I have never learnt any German, so I'd have no clue what I'm doing.
Reply 15
Chemistry
Despite me personally doing all essay-based subjects and desperately wanting to say History, we all know Further Maths is the hardest.
It's subjective so you won't get a valid answer - it depends on your interests and aptitudes.
Chemistry all the way..,..
Chemistry for me just cause I hate maths.

Quick Reply

Latest