The Student Room Group

What is your main reason for going to university?

Poll

Main reason for going to uni?

What is the main reason that you chose to study at a university instead of doing an apprenticeship or doing a job?
Reply 1
I was forced at gunpoint
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MartinF98
What is the main reason that you chose to study at a university instead of doing an apprenticeship or doing a job?

Moved to educational debate :smile:
No career plans, no source of apprenticeships I can actually do, thus the logical course of action is run away to Scotland for 4 years and try and develop myself more as a person while doing a technically useless degree.

We'll see how that goes
The experience, and studying what I love
Want to become a Lawyer, requiring an LLB or equivalent 3 year Degree.
Was medically deferred from the military - planned to go to university afterwards anyway though, but my whole career trajectory has changed now from engineering to high-finance.
For all the sex, drugs, and rock&roll.

And for the student discount I get at Nandos.
only way to become a social worker. if they're were aprentiships though I still would probably go to uni for the atmosphere and social side.

all the unis that do social work courses are a bit **** though but that goes with the territory
Original post by emperorCode

There's already a solution to this.
Original post by RedGiant
There's already a solution to this.

The first line says it's unresolved.
There was a guy from hp who tried to solve it, but that proof was flawed
I feel as though either "wanted to learn more about my subject" or "wanted the opportunity to conduct research" should have been an option here...
Reply 13
To prolong my life a few more years.
I wanted a backup plan if my career goals fell through.

They did.

So did my degree.

:nothing:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending