The Student Room Group

driving test tomorrow, advice?

I feel like I’m going to throw up I’m so nervous. If I fail I’ll have to learn everything for the new test in December so there’s an added pressure :frown: can anyone give me some general advice for the test? I’m worried about the maneuvers as I still don’t feel very confident with the parallel park and reverse around the corner. I’m also quite a nervous driver in general :/
I'm so sorry no one replied to you in time! Have you had your test? How was it? If you haven't, then good luck!
It’s okay haha I passed tho!
Original post by silverfox44

Great, because I need advice.

1) Are you based in the UK? Which borough?
2) How long was the session?
3) Most challenging thing you had to do?
4) How were you assessed? Did the instructor jus tell you to go straight, turn left, 2nd exit etc?
5) Do you get free time to drive?
Original post by silverfox44

Amazing well done!
Original post by smartass789

4) How were you assessed? Did the instructor jus tell you to go straight, turn left, 2nd exit etc?

I’m based in uk
Test was about 45 mins
Most challenging thing is the manouver
Instructor tells you what to do and you get a 10 minute independent drive where they give you a list of directions and you have to follow them for 10 mins but you can ask the directions again if you need to

It’s honestly not as bad as you think it will be, mine was over and it felt like 15 mins

1) i'm from bournemouth so took my test there
2) my test was about 40 minutes
3) honestly my test felt really easy, my manouvere was the turn in the road so that wasn't too bad, hardest part was probably the fact he took me a route we hadn't practised much in lessons and i didn't really know where i was (also had to go on the dual carriageway but it was fine)
4) the first 20 minutes the instructor gives you really clear instructions then afterwards it's the 'independant driving' where he tells you to follow signs (but it's fine if you get lost you can just ask)
5) you won't get to drive wherever you want but like i said before there's a bit where he'll ask you to follow signs to somewhere and won't say anything so you have to be observant. although if you take the new test that starts in december i believe you have to use a sat nav!

hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Alannaacameron
I’m based in uk
Test was about 45 mins
Most challenging thing is the manouver
Instructor tells you what to do and you get a 10 minute independent drive where they give you a list of directions and you have to follow them for 10 mins but you can ask the directions again if you need to

It’s honestly not as bad as you think it will be, mine was over and it felt like 15 mins

Which manoeuvre is this? Taxi manoeuvre?
Original post by Articultr
1) i'm from bournemouth so took my test there
2) my test was about 40 minutes
3) honestly my test felt really easy, my manouvere was the turn in the road so that wasn't too bad, hardest part was probably the fact he took me a route we hadn't practised much in lessons and i didn't really know where i was (also had to go on the dual carriageway but it was fine)
4) the first 20 minutes the instructor gives you really clear instructions then afterwards it's the 'independant driving' where he tells you to follow signs (but it's fine if you get lost you can just ask)
5) you won't get to drive wherever you want but like i said before there's a bit where he'll ask you to follow signs to somewhere and won't say anything so you have to be observant. although if you take the new test that starts in december i believe you have to use a sat nav!

hope that helps :smile:

Are you referring to the 3 point turn manoeuvre where you have to turn around?
Which manoeuvre is this? Taxi manoeuvre?

In my first test I did a parallel parking and in my second I did 3 point turn I guess it’s just luck really
In my first test I did a parallel parking and in my second I did 3 point turn I guess it’s just luck really

There were two tests?
There were two tests?

Failed my first one lol
What do you mean by two tests? Like two tests within the practical test?

No no no, I sat two tests because I failed my first one. These were on two separate dates
Failed my first one lol

oh dear.
oh dear.

It all worked out thought and I passed eventually it was just to show you that the manoeuvre can differ from test to test and isn’t always set on parallel parking or reverse around the corner :smile:
It all worked out thought and I passed eventually it was just to show you that the manoeuvre can differ from test to test and isn’t always set on parallel parking or reverse around the corner :smile:

I see. Very informative. Thank you so much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending