The Student Room Group

Would you rather a kindle, nintendo switch or ipad??

i'm thinking kindle or ipad myself...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentials

iPad because I am a slave to those sleek, shiny, ridiculously expensive Apple products.
Original post by xloismoorex
iPad because I am a slave to those sleek, shiny, ridiculously expensive Apple products.

Ah, I'm rather partial to Samsung products myself... still, good to see a fellow slave to technology.
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Uh, this was in regards to tsr's new competition- but if it makes you happy, my friend...
I'm confused. Why are we comparing these three?

They're completely different platforms for different purposes...

Regardless, given the vastly improved library for the Switch compared to the abysmal Wii-U content, and the fact that even beyond variety a huge number of the releases have received endless accolades and are considered some of the best games to have come out this year. With Super Mario Odyssey looking to continue this trend, and finally the 7 year Metroid hiatus due to break, and to bring out a new MP to boot, it's looking like a good investment. I really must get one some time...

Conversely the iPad does exactly what it always does, which is, these days, less than most other tablets on the market for a comparable or higher price. The Kindle is what it is, e-readers seem to be very love/hate on the whole anyway. But if you're not a gamer, then the Switch is useless. If you don't like reading then the Kindle is pointless. The iPad is always pointless unless you're obsessed with apple or for some reason can't afford a laptop or better tablet OR a smartphone.
Nintendo switch (although im very bias being a HUGE nintendo fan)
I got mine in summer and the amount of games is scary
I have
Zelda breath of the wild (MUST HAVE)
Splatoon 2 (MUST HAVE)
Mario + rabidds kingdom battle (surprisingly good game and my favourite switch game i own)
Mario kart 8 deluxe (MUST HAVE even if you owned mario kart 8 on the wii u like me)
ARMS (meh)
Rayman Legends (amazing platformer)
Games im getting by the end of the year (the beauty of having a job and wasting money on games)
Fire emblem warriors
Mario odyssey (MUST HAVE)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (MUST HAVE)
Skyrim
DOOM
thats it for games this year
But next year and years to come you have the new mainline pokemon game metroid prime 4 yoshi kirby and tons of other games. The nintendo switch is so worth it it hurts me
Original post by artful_lounger
I'm confused. Why are we comparing these three?

They're completely different platforms for different purposes...

Regardless, given the vastly improved library for the Switch compared to the abysmal Wii-U content, and the fact that even beyond variety a huge number of the releases have received endless accolades and are considered some of the best games to have come out this year. With Super Mario Odyssey looking to continue this trend, and finally the 7 year Metroid hiatus due to break, and to bring out a new MP to boot, it's looking like a good investment. I really must get one some time...

Conversely the iPad does exactly what it always does, which is, these days, less than most other tablets on the market for a comparable or higher price. The Kindle is what it is, e-readers seem to be very love/hate on the whole anyway. But if you're not a gamer, then the Switch is useless. If you don't like reading then the Kindle is pointless. The iPad is always pointless unless you're obsessed with apple or for some reason can't afford a laptop or better tablet OR a smartphone.

Yikes, did not expect this infinitely smart answer!
I was actually referring to tsr's new competition... sorry, should've made that clear!
Still, I applaud you for your balanced and well-informed answer!
Uh, this was in regards to tsr's new competition- but if it makes you happy, my friend...

I don't know which competition you're referring to, but this thread was posted in the New TSR App - Feedback forum... which is specifically for giving feedback about the new app. :confused:
Reply 9
For myself, probably a switch because I already have a laptop which is close enough to an ipad and don't read much.
Totally depends on what you want it for though. If you aren't sure then an ipad seems like a good enough middle ground- can play games and buy books for it.
If you're basing it on the TSR comp go for the most expensive :wink:
Yikes, did not expect this infinitely smart answer!
I was actually referring to tsr's new competition... sorry, should've made that clear!
Still, I applaud you for your balanced and well-informed answer!

Oh I see xD

Well obviously I'd choose a Switch...I mean it's probably the best option even if you just decided to resell it and buy one of the others :tongue:
Use kindle for reading only and iPad cos it links to my phone
They’re not comparable really tho
Your getting some really wordy answers on here haha, I want an iPad because it’s an iPad
you should totally get an ipad! such a great investment
botw.jpg
Just look at this masterpiece
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I don't know which competition you're referring to, but this thread was posted in the New TSR App - Feedback forum... which is specifically for giving feedback about the new app. :confused:

Being the noob that I am, I spotted the forum vaguely about the new app, went clickety click, and posted about the new app competition, not realising what offense I was causing! I apologise profusely!
Original post by Ismaeel Ali
botw.jpg
Just look at this masterpiece

Very persuasive!

iPad, I'd go for. The switch I'd have to buy games for, making it annoyingly expensive, and the Kindle is largely just books whereas the iPad can handle books and games, and is great for browsing in bed :biggrin:
personally I would get the switch. I'm not into reading or iOS much anyways

I'd get the switch! Couldn't get myself off my Nintendo DS and Wii back in the day, It would be really fun to try their newest console! (Plus there's a few of my favourite games on there:colondollar:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending