The Student Room Group

Liv’s grow your grades blog!

Hi guys, thought I’d give this a go since I know this year I’m going to be on a big journey. I’m currently in year 11, aiming to get all A* in GCSE.
I also really want a handful of 9s (which are pretty much A**s) because I want to go to Cambridge and I think 9s will really help me stand out.

Also my options are triple science, computer science, history and Spanish.

School predictions

Biology - 9
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 7
Computer Science - 8
English Language - 9
English Literature - 9
History - 8
Mathematics - 9
Spanish - 8

My goals

Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 8
Computer science - 9
English Language - 9
English Literature - 9
History - 8
Mathematics - 9
Spanish - 8

What will this blog be?

I’ve already made a revision plan, so I think this blog will help me stick to it as I post each day saying what I’ve done. I’m currently revising for my mocks but I’m going at it properly so I have a good idea of what I need to work on for my GCSEs.

I think that’s about it. I’ll post my first proper post tonight and tell you what I’ve revised today and how I do it as an A* student (don’t know if it will be helpful but maybe?).
(edited 6 years ago)
New follower!
All the best xx
Reply 2
Original post by A.N123
New follower!
All the best xx

Thank you! xx
watching this thread for updates! hope you get there as your predicted grades are brill 💕

check out my GYG if you want:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5000396&p=74138290#post74138290
Reply 4
Original post by perspectives
watching this thread for updates! hope you get there as your predicted grades are brill 💕

check out my GYG if you want:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5000396&p=74138290#post74138290

Just been over to your GYG, you’re grades are so good! I e followed you, can’t wait to see how you progress to get those grades!
Reply 5
Wednesday 26th October

Yesterday I completely didn’t stick to my revision plan.

I started practicing for my computer science NEA (since my teacher has taught me NO coding whatsoever and although I’ve already taught myself lots I realised after seeing the task I know very little, so I’m taking the half term to figure things out) at about 11am and kept working on it until 9pm! Breaks obviously but that meant I spent about 10 hours on it and did no English, history, Spanish or chemistry like I was supposed to!

It’s Thursday morning now, I need to go out tonight so I have to decide on revision or coding. To be honest I’ve been so stressed about it since I’ve literally had to self-teach all the theory and practical work and maybe doing some coding will help remove some stress. I really want to get a working solution to what I’m working on (I don’t have the success criteria for the NEA so I know it won’t be right but that isn’t the aim I’m just trying to learn some skills) so I can figure out how to implement a GUI.... aghhhhhhhh!

The plan for today is an hour of history, an hour of biology and an hour of computer science theory. I also need ta catch up on English and chemistry from yesterday. I’ll let you know tomorrow morning how it goes!
Original post by liv1649
Wednesday 26th October

Yesterday I completely didn’t stick to my revision plan.

I started practicing for my computer science NEA (since my teacher has taught me NO coding whatsoever and although I’ve already taught myself lots I realised after seeing the task I know very little, so I’m taking the half term to figure things out) at about 11am and kept working on it until 9pm! Breaks obviously but that meant I spent about 10 hours on it and did no English, history, Spanish or chemistry like I was supposed to!

It’s Thursday morning now, I need to go out tonight so I have to decide on revision or coding. To be honest I’ve been so stressed about it since I’ve literally had to self-teach all the theory and practical work and maybe doing some coding will help remove some stress. I really want to get a working solution to what I’m working on (I don’t have the success criteria for the NEA so I know it won’t be right but that isn’t the aim I’m just trying to learn some skills) so I can figure out how to implement a GUI.... aghhhhhhhh!

The plan for today is an hour of history, an hour of biology and an hour of computer science theory. I also need ta catch up on English and chemistry from yesterday. I’ll let you know tomorrow morning how it goes!

Good luck, and don't let it get you down, it never does any good!. Habits take time :smile:
Reply 7
I’ll be following this!! Think it’s awesome so I might try and do something like this.
Reply 8
Original post by Salsabel
I’ll be following this!! Think it’s awesome so I might try and do something like this.

Thank you for following! I look forward to seeing if you make one!
Reply 9
Original post by streetdude28
Good luck, and don't let it get you down, it never does any good!. Habits take time :smile:

Thank you so much! xx
Original post by liv1649
Thank you for following! I look forward to seeing if you make one!

I've just created one now! Don't forget to check it out and leave a vote if you wish :wink:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5019998

Hope you enjoy!!
Reply 11
I've just created one now! Don't forget to check it out and leave a vote if you wish :wink:

Hope you enjoy!!

Hope you enjoy!!

I’ve checked it out, looks great so I’ve followed, can’t wait to see how you do! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending