The Student Room Group

Do british guys find east asian girls attractive?

Hi there I'm an east-asian international student studying in the UK. I've been trying to find the answer to this titled question for a long time and yet still couldn't. I mean, yes it depends on the person but I do think there should be a generalization.

Do british guys share similar view of aesthetics as asian guys in terms of asian girls? Do british guys find these popular asian stars attractive just as much as asian guys do? As far as I know, some famous asian supermodels in Europe who has plain face and small eyes with mono eye-lid, are generally considered as ugly among asian people. This has made me wonder that maybe british people have quite an opposite view in terms of asian beauty. Now here I would like to only focus on appearance (in terms of aesthetics) and not bring up any aspects about inner aspects like personality.

Speaking of my own experience, I'd say that my face is above average range in asia plus I know how to make myself look good so I did have some chasers when I was in my country. Now in the UK, I would usually get comments as "cute" or "pretty" from british girls but they are probably just being friendly.

On nights out I would also be approached by british guys but I couldn't tell if they have good intention or are probably just looking for sexual partners. If they are the latter, to them it doesn't matter if the girls are really attractive. So basically, I couldn't tell from my own experiences if I am attractive to any british guys.

So I think it'd be better just to let you british people to answer these questions directly :smile: If possible, could you please make some examples (i.e. asian stars) that you find attractive or definitely unattractive? THX x
Thread title is a bit weird. British people are individuals so some will find Asians attractive and others won't.
Original post by Anonymous

Do british guys share similar view of aesthetics as asian guys in terms of asian girls?

I think not, no. While staying in Japan I used to drink at a bar with a half foreign/half Japanese clientele. For the foreign men, much the most attractive of the female regulars was a Korean girl with quite severely East Asian features - almond eyes, pronounced cheekbones, jet-black hair. The Japanese guys though were obsessed instead with a lass called Kaori-chan, chubby-cheeked, round-eyed, hennaed-hair and a bit of a bust. For us, she was nothing special at all.
Err, people are attracted more to other people differently than others it's not like as if all of us have the same attraction to a specific person or group.

Personally myself I have a far stronger attraction to East and SE Asian girls than others, some British guys will be more attracted to white or black people more. Again it's personal preferences.
Reply 4
It's all down to personal preference obviously. Some will find Asian girls more attractive than others.

Although, I would say that whilst Asian guys might find western-looking features more attractive (that certainly seems to be reflected in Asian media) I think British/foreign guys are less likely to place importance on those particular features.

Tbh, I didn't even know the mono-lid/double-lid thing was something anybody cared about until I moved to East-Asia... and even now, a person's eyelids are not something I pay a lot of attention to. Nor the size of their face, or how tall their nose is :lol:
Reply 5
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Thread title is a bit weird. British people are individuals so some will find Asians attractive and others won't.

Yeah as I said I was just looking for some sort of generalization ☺
Reply 6
Incan obly speak for myself i find asian firps super hot and cute and would die twice over to have a asian firl as a girlfriend
Reply 7
OP, why are you using the word "British guys" instead of white guys.

we all know east asian girls main mission in life is to get with a white dude.......
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
OP, why are you using the word "British guys" instead of white guys.

we all know east asian girls main mission is life to get with a white dude.......

Same reason you are using the "word" "east asian girls" instead of Oriental girls.
Reply 9
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Same reason you are using the "word" "east asian girls" instead of Oriental girls.

She used the word "east asian" in the OP to describe herself..
Original post by ANM775
She used the word "east asian" in the OP to describe herself..

And yet you only took issue with her calling white guys "british guys".
Original post by Cll_ws
whilst Asian guys might find western-looking features more attractive (that certainly seems to be reflected in Asian media)

lol

https://www.imgur.com/a/2kvf9ffk
Mostly because they age pretty well compared to all the other races (White girls especially). White girls look pretty up to maybe 25 years old.... but after 25 years old, you can clearly see wrinkles on their face. "blond hair" looks unique and pretty but your hair turn to white quicker than black hair. White skin looks fair if you are young but as you age, you can more easily spot wrinkles, dryness, and freckles, redness, etc. on your skin. Most Asian people have soft skin and mostly fair skin tone. They tend to have girlish facial features (slanted eyes, high cheek bone, small lips, small nose). Some have small face and they tend to look like a baby doll and they will look like that even after they reach 35+ years old. Man tend to love girls who look younger. It is a sad fact but it is true. Asian girls mostly aren't popular when they are a teenager, but tend to get really popular after college/university.... till probably 35 years old. In addition, they tend to follow the traditional values and more submissive than Western girls. + going for higher education so some become a good career woman. If you go to a Med school, you see a lot of Asian chicks that are super good looking but smart ass. It's hard to not fall in love with those high quality girls. They tend to take care of themselves pretty well. Eat more vegetables on their regular meals, so less likely to get fat. After 25 years old, man tend to see things other than just appearance. Yes, you feel attractive to a hot girl to sleep with, but more likely to choose a cute and kind girl as a girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest