The Student Room Group

Bimm Brighton 2018

Long shot as it's so early! Anyone else interested In BIMM Brighton? Looking for people thinking similar, i'm looking at music business :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I've got my heart set on doing events management there !
Nice! Sounds similar to me. The open day really impressed me. Obviously it's early but have you thought about accommodation? I was looking at Lewes road and the surrounding area, it's a 30 minute walk to the main Bimm Location but it's heavily student based, there's loads of buses and it's close to the pier and loads of pubs. Really lively!
Yeah me too thats what swayed me tbh, yeah that's what the tutors recommended actually ! Feel free to add me on fb it's Georgia Anderson, will be good for anyone interested to keep in contact for sorting out accommodation and that !
Just realised there's probably loads of Georgia's on there its the profile picture with a white crop top taken in the mirror !
I couldn't find your Facebook. Try adding me - George Batten (George Jorgé Batten)
I'm the one with the crowdsurfing profile pic
Hey dudes,

I studied a Music Business course and graduated in 2012, admittedly it was at ACM and not BIMM, but would wholeheartedly recommend studying this kind of degree.

My main piece of advice would be to try and take as many of the opportunities that are presented to you and make yourself indispensable to any company you intern with during your study time. It really is a relationship based industry, and the more healthy contacts you make the better!

You definitely get more out of these kind of courses the more you put in... so get involved with everything!

Have fun!
Josh
Reply 7
Yo I was at the BIMM Brighton open today, and it seems like an awesome place, am
applying to do drum performance, but I've been reading some reviews on google and they're hella stressing
me out. Have a google/ look on fb and stuff n and let me know what u guys think!
Original post by annagm
Yo I was at the BIMM Brighton open today, and it seems like an awesome place, am
applying to do drum performance, but I've been reading some reviews on google and they're hella stressing
me out. Have a google/ look on fb and stuff n and let me know what u guys think!

Hey, sorry I only just clocked this. Do you wanna add me on facebook? or ill add u or something and we could chat about it on their as it's so much easier
Original post by annagm

I've seen them but to be honest you'll find good and bad stuff about everything online, it seems to me like some people dont like it because of certain uni qualities it's missing Luke accommodation and a student union and it may be more casual so it depends if it suits you as a person, I think it makes up for it with all the opportunities
Original post by Georgebatten2000
I couldn't find your Facebook. Try adding me - George Batten (George Jorgé Batten)
I'm the one with the crowdsurfing profile pic

Just added you
I've added someone else looking to go to BIMM so I'll make a group chat so we can talk about accommodation and anything else !
Reply 12
Hey, I'm looking to do song writting next year as well, thought I'd start looking for people now! Feel free to add me on Facebook, my name is jack jam benney I'm the dude with long hair and a beard
I've got a place at bimm brighton doing music business! I've been looking for other people going there too - my name is Tippi Morgan if you want to add me on Facebook (my profile pic is a mirror selfie and i have a stripy jumper on) :smile:
Im looking to do music business and also for accommodation, hmu on facebook Jasmine Alder (profile pic a selfie)
I'm a music student (performance) applying for uni for September 2018 and I have no idea where to go!

Choices are bimm Bristol/Brighton or possibly bath spa

What are people's opinions? Add me on fb for a group chat

Lima dove
Original post by Dove2105
I'm a music student (performance) applying for uni for September 2018 and I have no idea where to go!

Choices are bimm Bristol/Brighton or possibly bath spa

What are people's opinions? Add me on fb for a group chat

Lima dove

I'm going to Brighton for Vocals, I visit Brighton a lot (friends etc.) and personally I find the city better for everything including music rather than bristol.
Im currently at BIMM Brighton on my first year of degree (guitar) but also did a year of diploma there, if anyone is curious about anything feel free to ask me :smile:
Original post by Georgiaa111
Yeah I've got my heart set on doing events management there !

I’ve confirmed my place for events management at Brighton so maybe see you there!
Original post by SynShadows
Im currently at BIMM Brighton on my first year of degree (guitar) but also did a year of diploma there, if anyone is curious about anything feel free to ask me :smile:

How many hours a week are the degrees and how is a typical day set out ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending