The Student Room Group

Ucas education section

Currently in the process of filling out my ucas application.
In the education section for GCSEs, I have a certificate with Additional Science B and separate certificate with Science B. Now there is an option on UCAS for Additional Science B but for the other I can either enter Science or Science: B Single Award? Help really confused.

Also what do I put for qualification date?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jawaad
In the education section for GCSEs, I have a certificate with Additional Science B and separate certificate with Science B. Now there is an option on UCAS for Additional Science B but for the other I can either enter Science or Science: B Single Award? Help really confused.

Thanks

Is your science certificate a single grade? If so it’s a single award.

The qualification date should match your certificates.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Is your science certificate a single grade? If so it’s a single award.

The qualification date should match your certificates.

It is on a separate certificate however it doesn't say single award on the certificate? Also there isn't a date on the certificate
Original post by jawaad
It is on a separate certificate however it doesn't say single award on the certificate? Also there isn't a date on the certificate

If there's a single grade it's a single award (double award science GCSEs have 2 grades - that's all that single award is making clear - that it's a single GCSE and not a double one)

There must be a month/year on the certificate.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If there's a single grade it's a single award (double award science GCSEs have 2 grades - that's all that single award is making clear - that it's a single GCSE and not a double one)

There must be a month/year on the certificate.

Sorry just one more question. I am not sure if I did Mathematics or Mathematics A for my GCSE. Which one should I put? It only says Mathematics on my certificate but Mathematics A on my result slip
Original post by jawaad

Thanks

qualification date - put june (and the year that u are completing GCSE or completed ur GCSE)
Reply 6
Original post by annmerlinjohn27
qualification date - put june (and the year that u are completing GCSE or completed ur GCSE)

I am not sure if I did Mathematics or Mathematics A for my GCSE. Which one should I put? It only says Mathematics on my certificate but Mathematics A on my result slip
Original post by jawaad
I am not sure if I did Mathematics or Mathematics A for my GCSE. Which one should I put? It only says Mathematics on my certificate but Mathematics A on my result slip

Mathematics, and the qualification date is actually August rather than what @annmerlinjohn27 said.
Reply 8
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Mathematics, and the qualification date is actually August rather than what @annmerlinjohn27 said.

Sorry again, I also have another qualification that is not listed on UCAS and when i go on other it is too long to enter in the title box. What should i do?

Thats what my teachers told me to write
Thats what my teachers told me to write

They are wrong, change it

If it says June on the certificates then it's June

August is only useful for pending exam results.

How can I change it if I sent it off? They are not wrong because August is when you get ur results.
Original post by PQ
If it says June on the certificates then it's June

August is only useful for pending exam results.

That is true cos it says June on mine.
How can I change it if I sent it off? They are not wrong because August is when you get ur results.

You can't.
Reply 15
You can't.

Sorry again, I also have another qualification that is not listed on UCAS and when i go on other it is too long to enter in the title box. What should i do?
Reply 16
You can't.

If it was actually wrong (which it isn't, you're wrong) then the applicant must email [email protected] immediately and change it.
Reply 17
Original post by jawaad

What qualification is it?
You can't.

I think I know that. I know how UCAS website works cos i have done it 2 or 3 times before.
Reply 19
Original post by Juno
What qualification is it?

On the certificate it says 'BCS Level 2 ECDL in IT Application Skills (QCF)'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending