The Student Room Group

Harley Quinn is NOT a trained psychiatrist.

In the DC universe Dr.Harleen Quinzel is described as a 'trained psychiatrist', however she is not, because in the US to become a psychiatrist you must first obtain a bachelor's degree- 4 years, then medical school- 4 years and then a residency- 3-7 years. She was born in 1990 (suicide squad) meaning she was 25 when the film was released. To be a psychiatrist, that could work with the Joker as portrayed, she would be 29 at least. She is described as having a genius level IQ, but she graduated at the standard time. (In other unreliable sources, it is said that she has a PhD in psychiatry, which is not a direct route to becoming a psychiatrist and would add another 3 years on top of what is already described, the doctor title is obtained through a M.D. or an O.D. Correct to US, she attended Gotham State University, also Gotham is not a state.) I love the DC universe, but I was just curious. (Also want to be a psychiatrist.)
In other news, some people have too much time on their hands.
Reply 2
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
In other news, some people have too much time on their hands.

Basically.
i hate it when they make elementary errors like this

amateurs

smh
You can't make her too old otherwise she will not have the same appeal to hormonally frustrated teenage boys.
Reply 5
Original post by Quantex
You can't make her too old otherwise she will not have the same appeal to hormonally frustrated teenage boys.

lmao why not make her a psychologist?
This is truly mind blowing. Next you'll be telling me Dr Dre isn't actually a doctor either. Where will it all end?!
Reply 7
Original post by Democracy
This is truly mind blowing. Next you'll be telling me Dr Dre isn't actually a doctor either. Where will it all end?!

😂
god, everything its oke i mean she finished standart 4 year 18-22 than she get to special proglam whit 2 diffrent people that she was able to work with jocker faster because hafter 3yrs of med school not 4 so 22 3=25 so and phd she was doing during her med school so everything is oke
Okay you have to calm lmao.. it’s a movie it’s obviously not going to be as accurate to the real life… In birds of prey she says she went to medical school. Well for me in Australia we finish medical school at 24 and start psychiatry residency at 25, different for many countries. She is a psychiatrist you can’t just say that she isn’t because of your perfectionist beliefs
Reply 10
this has bothered me ever since I started researching psychiatry and despairing about the long training time. fitting that the lady who with perfectly styled her hair in literal prison gets to enjoy her 20s instead of going through est14 years of struggle
Original post by Eleperson
In the DC universe Dr.Harleen Quinzel is described as a 'trained psychiatrist', however she is not, because in the US to become a psychiatrist you must first obtain a bachelor's degree- 4 years, then medical school- 4 years and then a residency- 3-7 years. She was born in 1990 (suicide squad) meaning she was 25 when the film was released. To be a psychiatrist, that could work with the Joker as portrayed, she would be 29 at least. She is described as having a genius level IQ, but she graduated at the standard time. (In other unreliable sources, it is said that she has a PhD in psychiatry, which is not a direct route to becoming a psychiatrist and would add another 3 years on top of what is already described, the doctor title is obtained through a M.D. or an O.D. Correct to US, she attended Gotham State University, also Gotham is not a state.) I love the DC universe, but I was just curious. (Also want to be a psychiatrist.)

Is it not possible that Harley skipped some years at school and some terms at university as student? She has not to be 29 then.

Quick Reply

Latest