The Student Room Group

Getting confused over this girl

There's this girl at uni that has joined a society I am part of. Anyway for the first couple of sessions she always went to work with me and kept asking if she could work with me instead of other people. We had a social this week and she kept telling me to sit next to her and she was sitting quite close to me. We live close to each other so when she went to leave she asked me if I wanted to walk back with her. I didn't though as I wanted to stay out.

Then last night I missed the society session but showed up afterwards but when she saw me she playfully grabbed my arm and told me I wasn't allowed to join late and told me I had to walk back with her. Then her phone rang so she had to leave.

The thing is, I checked her facebook and her profile pic is her with a guy and she is with a guy in quite a few of her photos but she doesn't have anything set for her relationship status but it looks like shes in a relationship.

Does this sound like she likes me and or not and does it seem like she's already in a relationship? Also does anyone have any advice on what I could do because this situation is confusing me?
Reply 1
Maybe she's that kind of a person naturally? Really friendly... who doesn't understand certain boundaries? If you are uncomfortable with her being so overtly friendly maybe you should just try and avoid her a couple of times and she could get the hint. Or you could just tell her. Or ask her if she's single?!
Reply 2
Original post by Shunu
Maybe she's that kind of a person naturally? Really friendly... who doesn't understand certain boundaries? If you are uncomfortable with her being so overtly friendly maybe you should just try and avoid her a couple of times and she could get the hint. Or you could just tell her. Or ask her if she's single?!

Yeah I was thinking it might just be that she's a really friendly person but it does just seem like it's just me she is like that with. I'm not uncomfortable with it but I'm just unsure of what to do because I don't want to look like an idiot by trying something only for her to say that she has a boyfriend.
Have you sent her a friend request on fb? You could then casually message her about her profile pic like ‘oh I didn’t know you were in a relationship’ or ‘hey your boyfriend looks familiar’, idk maybe that’s cringey
Reply 4
Original post by michael1010
Yeah I was thinking it might just be that she's a really friendly person but it does just seem like it's just me she is like that with. I'm not uncomfortable with it but I'm just unsure of what to do because I don't want to look like an idiot by trying something only for her to say that she has a boyfriend.

Then I suggest you ask her directly. There is nothing wrong with asking someone if they're single. :smile::smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Shunu
Then I suggest you ask her directly. There is nothing wrong with asking someone if they're single. :smile::smile:

The thing is, I don't really know her that well so I think it'd seem weird asking her so is there anything else I could do?
The man in the pictures is her son.
Reply 7
Original post by RockyDennis
The man in the pictures is her son.

Unless her son is the same age as her then I highly doubt it haha
Reply 8
The thing is, I don't really know her that well so I think it'd seem weird asking her so is there anything else I could do?

Well, if you bring up her facebook profile, that could lead to another issue. If she already has a boyfriend and is just playing you, then telling her you looked her up on fb is just going to complicate things. If she is looking for an affair, she may think that you are okay with starting something with her even if she is already in a relationship. It could even boost her ego if she knows you've been trying to get some info on her.
Reply 9
Original post by Shunu
Well, if you bring up her facebook profile, that could lead to another issue. If she already has a boyfriend and is just playing you, then telling her you looked her up on fb is just going to complicate things. If she is looking for an affair, she may think that you are okay with starting something with her even if she is already in a relationship. It could even boost her ego if she knows you've been trying to get some info on her.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. If she was looking to cheat I don't really know what I would do to be honest because she is very attractive but I'm not normally the type of person to do something like that.
Mate go for it pretend that guy doesn’t exist
My recommendation would be to get to know someone else she is close to and maybe ask them. It does sound like that she is the friendly type of person who views you as someone she can be really close to. I also have some friends who are like this. However, there might be a possibility that she likes you and does indeed is trying to gain your attention. Whatever it is, be careful because if it's option A, then you might get friendzoned or if she has a bf, you would be hooking up with someone which is lets say not good.
Reply 12
Yeah that's what I was thinking. If she was looking to cheat I don't really know what I would do to be honest because she is very attractive but I'm not normally the type of person to do something like that.

Not to sound like an old lady but yeah, going astray in relationships is not uncommon but still unattractive. And nothing good ever comes out of it. She could do the same thing with you tomorrow. And things like this may seem harmless at first but it may get to a point where it becomes way too complicated to fix. Being attractive isn't enough bro. I'd suggest not to stoop down to her level.

But before deciding this you really need to find out if is playing you or not. You could just casually ask her when you're talking.
Original post by Shunu
Not to sound like an old lady but yeah, going astray in relationships is not uncommon but still unattractive. And nothing good ever comes out of it. She could do the same thing with you tomorrow. And things like this may seem harmless at first but it may get to a point where it becomes way too complicated to fix. Being attractive isn't enough bro. I'd suggest not to stoop down to her level.

But before deciding this you really need to find out if is playing you or not. You could just casually ask her when you're talking.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't want a relationship with her if she cheated so it would just be casual but yeah I probably do need to find a way to ask her if she is single or not
If she asks you to walk home with her again, just say all jokingly "Doesn't your boyfriend mind me walking you home?", she'll either say she doesn't have a boyfriend or that he doesn't mind
Simple-ish way of finding out without embarrassing yourself too much
Reply 15
Yeah I definitely wouldn't want a relationship with her if she cheated so it would just be casual but yeah I probably do need to find a way to ask her if she is single or not

well.. Good luck :smile:
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
My recommendation would be to get to know someone else she is close to and maybe ask them. It does sound like that she is the friendly type of person who views you as someone she can be really close to. I also have some friends who are like this. However, there might be a possibility that she likes you and does indeed is trying to gain your attention. Whatever it is, be careful because if it's option A, then you might get friendzoned or if she has a bf, you would be hooking up with someone which is lets say not good.

Yeah I thought she might just be being friendly until I realised she doesn't act like that around anyone else in the club and there is the fact she playfully grabbed my arm a couple of times and touched my arm quite a lot on the social when she was sat very close to me. I don't really know anyone close to her so I couldn't really get to know someone close to her.
Yeah I thought she might just be being friendly until I realised she doesn't act like that around anyone else in the club and there is the fact she playfully grabbed my arm a couple of times and touched my arm quite a lot on the social when she was sat very close to me. I don't really know anyone close to her so I couldn't really get to know someone close to her.

Then try talking to her I guess slowly. Don't be too direct and blunt but ask subtly during a friendly conversation.
Original post by cameelol
Mate go for it pretend that guy doesn’t exist

That's what I'm tempted to do. I always seem to put other people before me and end up missing out on everything so I think this time I'll put myself first.

Quick Reply

Latest