The Student Room Group

How are you feeling right now? MKVI

New thread!

How are you feeling? In the party spirit or are you working hard? Tell us!

VT Note: Unfortunately posts referencing self harm or suicide are not permitted to stay on this thread, this is not because TSR does not care about them but because it can leave the poster open to malicious or simply unhelpful advice as well as being triggering and upsetting for other users to read.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

First
(edited 4 years ago)
First page :biggrin:
Tired :redface:
And I have a 9am translation theory seminar tomorrow which unsurprisingly im not feeling atm :hide:
:woo: I'm alive. And well. Good stuff
Just had the most beautiful nap so feeling alright!
Reply 6
Bored, tired and hungry.
:ahee: That's the spirit! :biggrin:

Slightly annoying that I'm having to manually quote from the last thread, but here goes :tongue:

Embracing the change
yh not so easy
I'm generally awake at this time . . . Ji han, tiny tiny steps

Definitely! :tongue:
Ikr :redface: But we try our best - that's the main thing :yes:
Awww that's fair enough. Those tiny tiny steps will get you there :yep:

I did try to sleep for a whole hour before I got bored.

:rofl: "a whole hour" :colonhash: Next you'll be saying "a whole minute" :toofunny:
Need to try for longer than that :slap: Any activities you can do to help you sleep? :redface:

Feeling like chicken ****- don't want to go outdoors whhyyy did that have to happen? Walking cleared my head and now I don't feel like it and if I do go I'm just going to be wary and scared.
That had become one of my new coping mechanisms and I hate that it's gone

Oi :jumphug: You shouldn't feel scared - what you did yesterday was amazing - try not to dwell on it like that :no: Is there anyone who you could take with you? You could also try walking only on the main roads/in busy areas - I think you might be more comfortable then. Ofc you should avoid the dark - especially if you're going alone.

It's not gone - where there's a will, there's always a way :yep:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by math42
The thing is, since I have no balls, I have to keep on living. I just wish I would grow a pair. But no, I will complete my degree, go back home and try and fail to get a job. And my parents will keep letting me stay as they are nice. And I will keep being a burden, a parasite, a child.

I'm also quite timid. It's like your saying to yourself in a situation, I'll do it right now I'm going to do it. Then you have a strange gut feeling at the same time and you don't do it because you're so scared. Do you find it daunting to think about moving out in the future and having to maintain a FT job?
Reply 9
Original post by math42
Yes, because I'm not even going to get a FT job let alone maintain one. Literally my options are professor, death, homeless, in order of preference. So I have to try for a P.H.D. and if I don't get it, well, second preference. But probably not, cos I have no balls, which brings the third into play.

I highly doubt you'll end up homeless. I know you can get a FT job and maintain it, it's just the matter of getting used to it and getting rid of your social anxiety. That's a good idea, maybe you could go for a PhD if you don't want to go into employment that quick. Personally, I feel like you're most likely going to stay in university for a PhD. At the end of the day, the time will come when you'll have to maintain a FT job.
I was so confused until I realised this is a new thread 😂😂😂
Reply 11
:smile:
Original post by h333
New thread so going to just copy and paste your post from the previous thread @Kevin Hodge

Ok I tried my best today to eat well but I just didn’t feel good all day for some reason :redface:
I defo need to get a blood test or check up done soon tbh. It’s like I have no pain but I just didn’t feel well and I was just forcing myself to be happy all day when reality is I wanted to just be alone in my room,not outside- I didn’t want to talk to anyone (but I didn’t show it). It’s my appetite that’s making me feel like this honestly. I’m usually energetic and now 😐

That’s so sad :redface: I’m glad you got better though and wow you’ve just described me! That’s how I feel now. I am forcing myself to eat most of the time!
I don’t even know if I’m making any sense rn.

I’m sorry to hear :frown: Best thing would be to go have it checked out and see what’s causing it. I hope you get better soon :hugs:

Thanks :smile: It’s not a nice feeling to have. You just never feel hungry :redface:
I can't sleep at the moment because my mind is racing and I feel jittery. I got a major operation in a couple of months or so with a long road of recovery and rehabilitation ahead.

Literally counting down the days and bricking it. :rofl:
not going well. i have so much to learn and revise yet im not doing it. 😭😭
Original post by math42
I just feel so alone no matter what I do. Sometimes I wish I was a girl tbh. They tend to more often have friends they can actually unload on. I don't really feel comfortable unloading too often on male friends. Once in a while when hammered can be acceptable, but make it frequent and you look super weird. I'm just too emotional to be a guy, tbh. If I was socially allowed to I would cry a lot more than I do. I just am so goddamn sensitive to things. And I translate it to anger because that's all a guy can do. And it makes me super annoying to be around. No matter how much attention or validation I get though, I still feel alone. It's an insatiable desire. I just don't seem to fit in this world. Nothing I do seems to be correct or work out. In one sense I hate myself, in another I think I am great and hate others for clearly thinking otherwise. I don't know what to do, I really don't.

Awww :console: sounds like you're having a difficult time. I don't think you should feel ashamed to tell your male friends how you're feeling. If they are your true friends then I don't think they would have a problem with you.
Original post by math42
I mean ultimately they're only acquaintances tbh. As I said, every now and then, it can be tolerated, but they will definitely have a problem if I do it at any significant rate.

Aww yes I guess I understand how you feel. Society is slowly starting to change though so hopefully one day it'll be normal. Well you can always pm me and tell me how you feel. I've been told I'm a good listener or in this case, reader.
Original post by h333
It’s ok :frown:
I’m not going to say it but I just went through something so bad rn and I’m feeling worse.
My mum was right, she noticed my eating was not enough and I knew it but was denying it. Thanks let’s hope insha’Allah because rn I feel like dying.

Very true, I know exactly what you mean :frown:
Also I’m sorry to say all this negative stuff on here and making others read all this, it sounds so bad! I should probs stop.

We are here to help each other and get things off our chest. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling like this, hope you feel better soon :smile:
Original post by h333
It’s ok :frown:
I’m not going to say it but I just went through something so bad rn and I’m feeling worse.
My mum was right, she noticed my eating was not enough and I knew it but was denying it. Thanks let’s hope insha’Allah because rn I feel like dying.

Very true, I know exactly what you mean :frown:
Also I’m sorry to say all this negative stuff on here and making others read all this, it sounds so bad! I should probs stop.

I’m really sorry :frown: I’m here if you wanna talk :redface: I hope things get better soon.
Don’t say that. Keep fighting. It’ll be worth it. Don’t give up.

That’s okay. This is a thread about how you’re feeling anyway. Sometimes it’s better to just let it all out.
Stressed

Quick Reply

Latest