The Student Room Group

I can’t help it I hate my sister.

many people won’t be able to understand this so if you are here to judge please exit right now.

From a young age me and my sister have always been arguing and not getting along (there’s a few years between us) but the thing is I blame that all on her.She has always been horrible to me calling me names ect.

From her early teens she has robbed from my parents , me and the eldest brother in my family. She mainly robbed money from my mom which my mom forgave her for , time and time again. I have witnessed the pathetic crying and “I promise I’ll change” so many times it’s probably taken up 80% of my life.

I have tried to brush the hurt away that I feel every time I see my bestfriends relationship with her sister that I once would kill for. It’s obviously not her fault that her sister is a nice and caring person but it always just truly hurt me when she would talk about watching a tv program with her sister , or going shopping with her sister , or when we would go shopping and she would buy her sister something nice for no reason.

I have never been a jealous person in my life, accept for when it comes to my sister being happy. I can’t help but feel angry and upset when she is happy or receiving something from a aunt/uncle that makes her happy. I feel this way because why should she get anything when she is a selfish b*tch who has stolen money from our parents who try their best , who have gone out to work to earn that money which half of it will be spent on me and my siblings.

One thing I could never believe was the time when I bought my best friend a perfume for her birthday. I was so excited to give it to her , I had kept the recite to keep just incase my friend did not like it even though I knew she would and guess what my sister did. Took the recite and perfume and returned it for the money best sister of the year award huh?

I had to make a excuse up to my friend until I got the money back and went and bought my friend a new perfume. I never told my mom this because i knew how upset she would be. Half the things my sister has done my mother does not know of because I have not told her because I don’t want to hurt her unless it’s about something my sister has done to affect her.

I wish she was not my sister , my brother is kind and loving and I would choose him over her any day. I don’t care if it sounds harsh but the amount of times I’ve cried because of the hurt she has put me through well I’m done of her. I have tried to forgive her but I’m completely done and I hope my parents will finish with her.

My dad is a great man a real nice caring soft guy who would do anything for me and my sisblings was sat in a chair crying because he was worried sick about where she was since she decided to run off to some boy she hardly knows a trick of hers she’s done a few times.

It’s her birthday and for the past week I’ve been pretending to be sick for my moms sake because I know I won’t be able to go out smile , open presents and sing to her when all I want to do is say I’m done with her to her face In front of everyone. Around the house I’ve made it pretty clear I’m not talking to her.

I might sound terrible but I just needed to get this off my chest because I’ve had enough of having to live through her disgusting ways. Please comment opinions.

Scroll to see replies

I only have one thing to say:

I agree with you.
Reply 2
Well just remove her from your life and she'll fix up herself over time if she cares that is.
Remove and keep away from negative people.
Still talk to your sister if she approaches you, but give dead replies - don't remove her out of your life fully but you know don't talk to her. Your sister seems negative and selfish.

Just be independent and hide things from your sisters sight, as she seems like a money lover.

Good Luck!
looks like you have a sibling rivalry don't worry you should have family strokes and all should be fine
Cut her off!
People like that dont change.. never ever
she doesn't deserve your kindness and theres no need to hide her wrongdoings
I dont speak to my brother because hes has gone down the wrong path in life and trust me, ever since i started ignoring him i feel alot better. Its been 3 years we live in the same house but have nothing got to do with each other.
And dont keep this anger bottled up, you have to tell her how you feel about her selfish ways

Spoiler

People who have loving families with normal people in it, find it very difficult to conceive that other people might not be so lucky. But there are many families out there where one or more people just aren't very nice. It's difficult when people assume that you should love your family: they just don't understand that someone just might not be lovable.

I too have a sibling who is utterly unlovable. It's sad, but I make up for it by appreciating the members of my family who are lovely, and hanging out with good friends rather than with my sibling. It sounds as though you have fabulous parents and a lovely brother. Just focus on those good relationships, and try to tolerate the relationship that is difficult. Once you've left home it will be down to you how much of a relationship you sustain with your sister (if any).
you're not terrible for feeling this way. i would feel that way too.

I'm sorry you don't have a better sister in your life, but try distance yourself from her and stay close with your brother, you can confide in him. once you move out and become independent this will affect you less.

the world isn't perfect and we don't always get treated as well as we should, keep your chin up x
Thank you
Original post by Bill Nye

I agree with you.

Original post by Bill Nye

I agree with you.
Original post by Anonymous
Remove and keep away from negative people.
Still talk to your sister if she approaches you, but give dead replies - don't remove her out of your life fully but you know don't talk to her. Your sister seems negative and selfish.

Just be independent and hide things from your sisters sight, as she seems like a money lover.

Good Luck!

Reply 10
I hate my sister as well
Well I wouldn't say hate but I don't care for her she is is un loyal and not a nice person

People always say about it's your family blah blah but because someone is family doesn't mean they get to **** you over time and time again and hurt you and you should just take it
Im having the same problem with my sister but she only robs me so i say just ignore her and try to forget she is even in your life. Thats what i do so i hope that helps you.
Keep urself to urself , try ignore her and not start a convo with u , she probably will try get ur attention after a while but just ignore her and tell her her actions are acceptable,
Lol my little sister robs me too but not to this extent. This is why I'm scared to have kids; in case they grow up to be little sh*ts.
You and your family are suffering becaus of your sister's bad behavior. She needs help and your family needs help. Please findbabgoodbfamilybtherapistbandbfix this very fixable relationship problem.
Reply 15
I know how you feel. My little brother is a prick. He annoys me and everyone around him and does stupid **** that I get blamed for. My mum treats him like he is a sweet little angel. If i did the things he did, i would get flogged every day that i live with my mum. She literally does nothing about his behaviour except give him pills and hope it works.
Original post by thinking/bulbs
many people won’t be able to understand this so if you are here to judge please exit right now.

From a young age me and my sister have always been arguing and not getting along (there’s a few years between us) but the thing is I blame that all on her.She has always been horrible to me calling me names ect.

From her early teens she has robbed from my parents , me and the eldest brother in my family. She mainly robbed money from my mom which my mom forgave her for , time and time again. I have witnessed the pathetic crying and “I promise I’ll change” so many times it’s probably taken up 80% of my life.

I have tried to brush the hurt away that I feel every time I see my bestfriends relationship with her sister that I once would kill for. It’s obviously not her fault that her sister is a nice and caring person but it always just truly hurt me when she would talk about watching a tv program with her sister , or going shopping with her sister , or when we would go shopping and she would buy her sister something nice for no reason.

I have never been a jealous person in my life, accept for when it comes to my sister being happy. I can’t help but feel angry and upset when she is happy or receiving something from a aunt/uncle that makes her happy. I feel this way because why should she get anything when she is a selfish b*tch who has stolen money from our parents who try their best , who have gone out to work to earn that money which half of it will be spent on me and my siblings.

One thing I could never believe was the time when I bought my best friend a perfume for her birthday. I was so excited to give it to her , I had kept the recite to keep just incase my friend did not like it even though I knew she would and guess what my sister did. Took the recite and perfume and returned it for the money best sister of the year award huh?

I had to make a excuse up to my friend until I got the money back and went and bought my friend a new perfume. I never told my mom this because i knew how upset she would be. Half the things my sister has done my mother does not know of because I have not told her because I don’t want to hurt her unless it’s about something my sister has done to affect her.

I wish she was not my sister , my brother is kind and loving and I would choose him over her any day. I don’t care if it sounds harsh but the amount of times I’ve cried because of the hurt she has put me through well I’m done of her. I have tried to forgive her but I’m completely done and I hope my parents will finish with her.

My dad is a great man a real nice caring soft guy who would do anything for me and my sisblings was sat in a chair crying because he was worried sick about where she was since she decided to run off to some boy she hardly knows a trick of hers she’s done a few times.

It’s her birthday and for the past week I’ve been pretending to be sick for my moms sake because I know I won’t be able to go out smile , open presents and sing to her when all I want to do is say I’m done with her to her face In front of everyone. Around the house I’ve made it pretty clear I’m not talking to her.

I might sound terrible but I just needed to get this off my chest because I’ve had enough of having to live through her disgusting ways. Please comment opinions.

TELL YOUR MUM! If anyone tries to mischeif in my family mum always fixes them
I’ve see this thread title a few times and have always ignored it, expecting it to be some petty thread about sibling rivalry.

This is not sibling rivalry. You and your family sound like loving, genuine people, apart from your sister.
From what you’ve described I think she’s going to be like this for a seriously considerable amount of time. I think she has some underlying issues which the rest of you haven’t got.

In a way I’d feel sorry for her, her life is not going to be easy, when she’s older and accountable for her own actions, she’ll be continuously making mistakes and trying to get herself out of holes.

She hasn’t got an easy life ahead of her, and you can either go two ways. You can stick with her and continuously support her when she makes mistakes and hurts others in the process, or you can distance yourself from her.

Personally, I would consider the latter. This person would continue to take, take and take without gratitude or ever returning the favours. You’ll only end up becoming continuously hurt and affected by your sisters selfishness.

Hate is a strong word, don’t hate her, pity her. But at the same time, stop trying to cover her mistakes, and do not take time to protect her. She’ll only continue to abuse your kindness.
(edited 5 years ago)
Sounds like she needs to go to a brat camp or go somewhere in the third world see how lucky she has things. Go make something of yourself and don't help her it will teach her that she can't treat people like **** to get things in life. To get respect you need to earn it.
what no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending