The Student Room Group

Anyone up for a chat? :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KRSR
I have UCAS decisions I have to make and I still don't know what to do with my life even though I'm on my gap year and its getting me down...
sorry for dampening the mood guys

Don’t worry, you might as well talk to somebody about it. What subjects did you do?
Original post by Toastiekid
Do you do the same with: a) jaffa cakes
B) jammy dodgers
C) custard creams.
I do but it is pretty difficult separating the jammy dodgers:h:

Oh my word! I’ve never met another person who does it with jammy dodgers! I do it but the jammy part makes it so difficult. I say someone crunching into it straight away a couple days ago and I was mildly horrified.... to say the least
Original post by T4wreckedme
Thank you 😊. Keep up the motivation. I have 20 more days of this challenge to do. But every 4 days is a rest day (so that’s Saturday. And I can’t wait) I also want to get back into cycling but it’s getting colder now and the road I live on isn’t as safe now (too many tractors etc) so it’s annoying but might get out more, it’ll do me good

if you use strava, you can join me and we can challenge each other :colonhash: ngl I am shite at cycling, I just don't get a rhythm while cycling and I always get cramps in my calfs and my quads.
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
if you use strava, you can join me and we can challenge each other :colonhash: ngl I am shite at cycling, I just don't get a rhythm while cycling and I always get cramps in my calfs and my quads.

What’s Strava? I loved cycling when I was younger like I was such a muscley child (in my legs) and then when I started to get older I was like nah... but around summer time or holidays I do get more motivated (I do however get pains in calves now a bit)
:hi:

Any room for a socially awkward, shy turtle?
Original post by Sleepy22
Hey guys
I'm bored af and currently procrastinating.
Feel free to ask me any questions or just chat amongst yourselves :smile:

What are your hobbies?
Original post by ShadowDemon
:hi:

Any room for a socially awkward, shy turtle?

Plenty of room :smile:
Oh my word! I’ve never met another person who does it with jammy dodgers! I do it but the jammy part makes it so difficult. I say someone crunching into it straight away a couple days ago and I was mildly horrified.... to say the least

You were right be horrified, that is a crime.
I haven't had jammy dodgers in ages, they remind me of birthday parties when I was tiny and now I'm craving them so bad:redface:
Welcommme!

Thank youuuuuu
What’s Strava? I loved cycling when I was younger like I was such a muscley child (in my legs) and then when I started to get older I was like nah... but around summer time or holidays I do get more motivated (I do however get pains in calves now a bit)

Strava is like an app which record your workouts etc and compares you and connects you to other people who exercise. It helps motivate me more.
Have a look here and see if it interests you.
What was the last food you guys ate? Mine was kinder bars

Jalebi :smile:
Plenty of room :smile:

You were right be horrified, that is a crime.
I haven't had jammy dodgers in ages, they remind me of birthday parties when I was tiny and now I'm craving them so bad:redface:

Yes jammy dodgers are one of those nostalgic foods. They bring back so many memories. They aren’t my favourite biscuit (idk what my fave biscuit even is) but I still love them
Reply 73
Don’t worry, you might as well talk to somebody about it. What subjects did you do?

Biology, Chemistry, maths. The thing is that I want to do something meaningful as a job in my life, but I didnt have a great interest in biology and chemistry at A level, and I liked maths, but I cant see how I can help anyone with that:frown:. I applied for one medicine course at uni but I know my grades cant compete with others and I barely have a chance at getting in so I think I will have to withdraw my application by tomorrow so that i can apply for something else.
I just feel sad that if I withdraw then that would mean I never tried to get in, but I know that I probably wont get in anyway...
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Strava is like an app which record your workouts etc and compares you and connects you to other people who exercise. It helps motivate me more.
Have a look here and see if it interests you.

Do you have to bring your phone with you? Because I usually leave mine at home because I have dropped it one too many times... we could maybe pm to encourage each other... I tried to send you one but it says I have private messages turned of but I don’t...
What was the last food you guys ate? Mine was kinder bars

I had chocolate too :smile: I had Hershey's Cookie Crumble.

People can call me disgusting for eating Hershey's chocolate bars but I don't care. They're a guilty pleasure :lol:
Original post by KRSR
Biology, Chemistry, maths. The thing is that I want to do something meaningful as a job in my life, but I didnt have a great interest in biology and chemistry at A level, and I liked maths, but I cant see how I can help anyone with that:frown:. I applied for one medicine course at uni but I know my grades cant compete with others and I barely have a chance at getting in so I think I will have to withdraw my application by tomorrow so that i can apply for something else.
I just feel sad that if I withdraw then that would mean I never tried to get in, but I know that I probably wont get in anyway...

What about accountancy? I am looking to maybe do that (don’t know much about it yet) but I’m in lower sixth and am doing maths, spanish, HE, and health and social care. But I’m pretty sure for accountancy you only need a grade c and above in English and maths (at GCSE) and maybe ABB to get in?? Don’t give up hope though. My sister didn’t go to university and she’s an assistant manager at a shop and she just applied to random jobs
Original post by MiszShortee786
Jalebi :smile:

Omg jalebi I love it so much. My mum never lets me eat more than one, they're so sweet I have the greatest sugar high after (and probably type 2 diabetes) are they left over from Diwali? (Which I think was last week, I was away-not my fault) or just a regular part of your diet? If so I'm insanely jealous:biggrin:
Reply 78
After googling what a jammy dodger is I now really want to try one
Do you have to bring your phone with you? Because I usually leave mine at home because I have dropped it one too many times... we could maybe pm to encourage each other... I tried to send you one but it says I have private messages turned of but I don’t...

I do take my phone. Can't stay without it xD My music keeps me pumped and because I use bluetooth earphones, I just stack my phone in my pocket and zip up the pocket so no chance of it falling down. Or I wear an armband some days when I wear shorts. Also, you pm are turned off on your account. Try to enable them and pm me. We can talk

Quick Reply

Latest