The Student Room Group

Motivation

I am in year 11 and my GCSEs are coming up and I seriously am not motivated to revise. Helpp! 😭

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well I’m in Y10 atm and ive been feeling very motivated to revise since year9!
I usually just check out some studygrams for inspiration and by adding different colours to my notes, I’m more likely to find it easier to revise! But I don’t think you have enough time to start doing that, because there are one a few months left..

However, if your problem is that you don’t know how to revise, just search up, e.g “geography gcse past paper” and try answering some questions and correct by checking the answers! Make sure you’re on AQA website..
But also do not revise those topics, as they were for last year.. But you’ll have an idea of how the GCSE will be laid down..
Reply 2
Original post by boystudy
Well I’m in Y10 atm and ive been feeling very motivated to revise since year9!
I usually just check out some studygrams for inspiration and by adding different colours to my notes, I’m more likely to find it easier to revise! But I don’t think you have enough time to start doing that, because there are one a few months left..

However, if your problem is that you don’t know how to revise, just search up, e.g “geography gcse past paper” and try answering some questions and correct by checking the answers! Make sure you’re on AQA website..
But also do not revise those topics, as they were for last year.. But you’ll have an idea of how the GCSE will be laid down..

Wow I guess you like revising and you are a hard working student. Also, I am a lazy person. But thank you anyways.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Asma Naseri
Wow I guess you like revising and you are a heard worker student. Also, I am a lazy person. But thank you anyways.

Trust me, I’m like one of the laziest people ever, I seriously have done no work since half term started and I have exams coming up a few weeks after it ends..
Idk why, but I feel like you haven’t revised much and that revising all subjects now will give you an average of C or D.. I’d just recommend you to revise Maths most of all, cause almost all jobs checks your Maths score..
And also make sure you at least get a C+ or a B for Science as it will look good..
I’d say you shouldn’t be worried about other subjects, because you can improve them when doing your A-Levels, but still have a go on revising them, but still revise Maths & Science
Reply 4
Trust me, I’m like one of the laziest people ever, I seriously have done no work since half term started and I have exams coming up a few weeks after it ends..
Idk why, but I feel like you haven’t revised much and that revising all subjects now will give you an average of C or D.. I’d just recommend you to revise Maths most of all, cause almost all jobs checks your Maths score..
And also make sure you at least get a C or a B for Science as it will look good..
I’d say you shouldn’t be worried about other subjects, because you can improve them when doing your A-Levels, but still have a go on revising them, but still revise Maths
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
can i jus say that you only truly appreciate how simple gcses are when you start alevels. Dont get wrong you still have to revise but youre not required to know a huge deal of exam application skills. Gcses are a learn the syllabus and regurgitate kinda thang x
I got my GCSEs this summer and all I can tell you is that all the revision is worth it in the end ONLY IF you put in the effort. Set yourself a goal and work towards it. Without a goal, revising is pointless really. For example my end goal is to go to university and from there start the life I desire to have (a degree, decent job to be able to provide for my future family, etc...) Just think about where you want to find yourself in 5 years and work towards it. I know it is cliche to say that education is not everything, but GCSEs is at least a starting point. The satisfaction you’ll feel once you collect those results in August, knowing you did your best instead of nothing is good, I can assure you that. Please don’t give up!! Good luck 🤗
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
I am in year 11 and my GCSEs are coming up and I seriously am not motivated to revise. Helpp! 😭

Asma don't be lazy.I too feel bored to study and revise. But I have to work to achieve my goals. Two friends helped me in the student room and they gave me an idea of studying. Still I feel boring but I know that studying and revising is bitter but it will be tasty if when the results come if you try a little bit harder. Just think of your dream and work for that. I wish you all the best dear friend.
Reply 8
Original post by namelessfeelsx
I got my GCSEs this summer and all I can tell you is that all the revision is worth it in the end ONLY IF you put in the effort. Set yourself a goal and work towards it. Without a goal, revising is pointless really. For example my end goal is to go to university and from there start the life I desire to have (a degree, decent job to be able to provide for my future family, etc...) Just think about where you want to find yourself in 5 years and work towards it. I know it is cliche to say that education is not everything, but GCSEs is at least a starting point. The satisfaction you’ll feel once you collect those results in August, knowing you did your best instead of nothing is good, I can assure you that. Please don’t give up!! Good luck 🤗

That's motivating. Thank you. I will try my best and work hard. Also, did u get the grades u expected to get. If u did then congrats :wink:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by SAHANYA
Asma don't be lazy.I too feel bored to study and revise. But I have to work to achieve my goals. Two friends helped me in the student room and they gave me an idea of studying. Still I feel boring but I know that studying and revising is bitter but it will be tasty if when the results come if you try a little bit harder. Just think of your dream and work for that. I wish you all the best dear friend.

Thanks babes but you see I don't have a dream. But still thank youuuu. I will work hard. Also, r u in year 11 too or something?
(edited 6 years ago)
And also make sure you at least get a C or a B for Science as it will look good..
I’d say you shouldn’t be worried about other subjects, because you can improve them when doing your A-Levels, but still have a go on revising them, but still revise Maths
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11

I'm currently in year 13! I was exactly the same as you in GCSE's, I didn't bother at all. I luckily got alright grades, but put hardly any effort in at all. The thing is, you need to set yourself a goal! At GCSE I didn't really have a goal as I knew that I'd get the grades needed to study a-levels at my school so I didn't care, but you need to put the work in. At the end of the day, GCSE's are a way of showing all your work since you were young! You've got one shot, so you may as well prove you're intelligent and a good worker by putting the effort in. You don't have to go home and spend hours revising, start off small. Make yourself do 30 minutes of studying after school and gradually build it up higher and higher. Since I found an uni course I want to do desperately, I've been so motivated to get good grades. I still get extremely unmotivated during the half-terms but that's something I'm working on. Just set yourself a goal and realise how lucky you are to be in a position to be in school! You've only got to do this once, so you may as well make it count :smile:
Original post by gwrren
I'm currently in year 13! I was exactly the same as you in GCSE's, I didn't bother at all. I luckily got alright grades, but put hardly any effort in at all. The thing is, you need to set yourself a goal! At GCSE I didn't really have a goal as I knew that I'd get the grades needed to study a-levels at my school so I didn't care, but you need to put the work in. At the end of the day, GCSE's are a way of showing all your work since you were young! You've got one shot, so you may as well prove you're intelligent and a good worker by putting the effort in. You don't have to go home and spend hours revising, start off small. Make yourself do 30 minutes of studying after school and gradually build it up higher and higher. Since I found an uni course I want to do desperately, I've been so motivated to get good grades. I still get extremely unmotivated during the half-terms but that's something I'm working on. Just set yourself a goal and realise how lucky you are to be in a position to be in school! You've only got to do this once, so you may as well make it count :smile:

Awwwwh thank you so much and also u see they have made the gcses harder beachside of unemployment but that's irrelevant. I will try and work hard. Thank you again bih :wink:
(edited 6 years ago)
When I was in year 10 I did no revision but I started working in year 11.

However you will be taking all the new harder exams so you’ll need to start working now. I’ve seen all the science stuff you have to learn and lots of it is from a level!! What I’ve been learning in chemistry a level class currently is what my my younger sister is learning in year 10!!
Reply 14
Awwwwh thank you so much and also u see they have made the gcses harder beachside of unemployment but that's irrelevant. I will try and work hard. Thank you again bih :wink:

You're welcome!! I understand, but if you make revision cards now and understand things now, revision right before the exam won't be daunting! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :smile:
@ra1500 hey, I am sorry don't assume that I actually ignored your reply. I wanted to reply to u but then I accidentally clicked on report and now it's in the ignore list and idk how to unignore it. I apologise. Thankkkkk you loads. Ik i just don't like school u see it's useless but that's life. I have to f***** world hard.
(edited 6 years ago)
That's motivating. Thank you. I will try my best and work hard. Also, did u get the grades u expected to get. If u did then congrats :wink:

You’re welcome and I wish you the best of luck! x and I got higher grades than what I and the school expected and I am really happy with my results. Hope the same thing happens to you too 😊
Original post by gwrren
You're welcome!! I understand, but if you make revision cards now and understand things now, revision right before the exam won't be daunting! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :smile:

:wink:))) I hope so and it's because** not beachside
Reply 18
Thanks babes but you see I don't have a dream. But still thank youuuu. I will work hard. Also, r u in year 11 too or something?

No dear I'm doing my A-levels. I'm really happy cause you will work hard. Although you don't have a dream you might have a target. First win that target. Wish you all the best my dear friend.:smile::tongue:
Think about this.. "revision doesnt suck as much as failing"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending