The Student Room Group

Scared please help. I want a good future

Well, my GCSEs were terrible..I received my GCSE results in 2016 and I had only managed to secure a C C in maths and English.
My friends who had failed maths were able to commence a level 3 Btec whereas I, for some reason was put on to a level 1 btec.
I completed my level 1 and now at the age of 17 I am doing level 2. This means I will be doing level 3 whilst I am 19-20. If I get into uni I will be 20..
My first stress is that will unis accept level 2 as equivalent to GCSE as I only have 2 and will I definitely get into uni as my teachers are always confused as of why I'm doing level 2 but if I pass level 3 will I get into uni and is it weird to start uni at early 20 ( I will turn 20 in august before uni period so will have just turned 20)

Thank You!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AidenAdam-11
Well, my GCSEs were terrible..I received my GCSE results in 2016 and I had only managed to secure a C C in maths and English.
My friends who had failed maths were able to commence a level 3 Btec whereas I, for some reason was put on to a level 1 btec.
I completed my level 1 and now at the age of 17 I am doing level 2. This means I will be doing level 3 whilst I am 19-20. If I get into uni I will be 20..
My first stress is that will unis accept level 2 as equivalent to GCSE as I only have 2 and will I definitely get into uni as my teachers are always confused as of why I'm doing level 2 but if I pass level 3 will I get into uni and is it weird to start uni at early 20 ( I will turn 20 in august before uni period so will have just turned 20)

Thank You!!!

Starting Uni at 20 is completely fine! It’s only slightly older than students who have taken a gap year and begun. Don’t worry about it.
Original post by FloralHybrid
Starting Uni at 20 is completely fine! It’s only slightly older than students who have taken a gap year and begun. Don’t worry about it.

Thanks! That's not my main concern, my main concern is will UNIS accept Btec Level 2 as gcse as I only have maths and english.
Original post by AidenAdam-11
Thanks! That's not my main concern, my main concern is will UNIS accept Btec Level 2 as gcse as I only have maths and english.

It really does depend on both the course, and the Uni. If you know what course you’re interested in, email however many you want to and ask!
Original post by FloralHybrid
It really does depend on both the course, and the Uni. If you know what course you’re interested in, email however many you want to and ask!

Thanks! I'm sure there's hope in everything. 😕I do feel useless
Reply 5
What course at you looking at? Normally it says under entry requirements what is equivalent to a levels
Original post by Meggy99
What course at you looking at? Normally it says under entry requirements what is equivalent to a levels

Unis don't really mind Btec Level 3, it's just as I don't have much GCSE will Level 2 count.
I'm looking to do business and law
Reply 7
I’ll have a quick look
Original post by Meggy99
I’ll have a quick look

Thank you so much, I can't seem to find any answer! Looking to go to UNIs near Bham
••Education is everything 😔
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
I had a look and it says that you need English and Maths GCSE at a pass, so a C, which you do... but then I got confused with the BTEC bit... I’ll screenshot the picture8CCDB202-BD9A-4A5A-9F8C-65154480025E.jpg.jpeg
Original post by Meggy99
I had a look and it says that you need English and Maths GCSE at a pass, so a C, which you do... but then I got confused with the BTEC bit... I’ll screenshot the picture8CCDB202-BD9A-4A5A-9F8C-65154480025E.jpg.jpeg

Original post by Meggy99

Really gratefully of your help. It jus makes me feels bad that I'm 2 years behind but hey it's life. Your goals and your destiny
Thank you so much!
You’re welcome, and don’t worry about time, I’m not going until I’m 19, maybe 20, because of medical issues, and like the other person said many people go on gap year, so there’s is no rush!
Yes you are sounding harsh. What do you know what my circumstances were. From being in set 1 for everything to ending up in some crazy medical problems and depression, from losing hope and feeling suicidal. You 'emz' come question me. I came to ask questions to people with good opinions like meggy. Your just rude! Yet, I still wish you the best and hope you can fix your attitude. There are people who failed maths and ended up in level 3 I passed those 2 crucial subjects.
Please fix up!
Maybe I'm being '*****y' but yes I was depressed and had medical conditions, I lost hope! But now I regret but that regret cannot change so it is what it is but I can change and shape my future.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm sorry. I want to go into business and law, I have not thought about any jobs as of yet.
That’s not very nice Emz... AidanAdam is working very hard on getting his dream job, and you never know what a persons past is! And what’s wrong with uni? Unless you’re dead certain on a career path, getting a degree is a good decision!
Original post by Meggy99
That’s not very nice Emz... AidanAdam is working very hard on getting his dream job, and you never know what a persons past is! And what’s wrong with uni? Unless you’re dead certain on a career path, getting a degree is a good decision!

Indeed meggy, degrees open up many opportunities but maybe megz meant it in another way. I forgive her.
I hope you all the best meggy you are such a good person X
Thanks you too x
Cannot start level 3 until I complete level 2. Well it's life. You have made me feel like shi* but hey
TBH I do feel very bad of myself so I'll jus log out and re evaluate my worth and my existence. Thanks!
Financially everything is blessed, I passed maths and English. I don't remember my other grades nor would I want to see them.
I can just do level 3 and get into uni
But your comments have torn my self confidence please be vigilant in what you say next time. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending