The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level history - 1H: Britain transformed, 1918–97 (2017)

Hey everyone, hope revisions all going well for you all! I was having trouble finding a feed for this paper, coming up on the 9th!! I was wondering how it was going for everyone and if anyone has an idea's on what the question could possibly be!
Reply 1
Original post by Meg12345
Hey everyone, hope revisions all going well for you all! I was having trouble finding a feed for this paper, coming up on the 9th!! I was wondering how it was going for everyone and if anyone has an idea's on what the question could possibly be!

Hey! I'm sitting this exam next week to (bricking it!!!) And I definitely have some ideas on what the paper may NOT be on due to last years AS paper. Last years paper had topics on- the cost of welfare provision, women from 1918-45, changing political party fortunes (so the labour party in 1940s), youth culture and Thatchers economic policies. The sample assessment materials also have questions on women 1918-45, educational opportunities in the years 1945-56, immigration policies, industries in the 1920s/30s and the economic concequences of travel and tourism. Based on this, if I could take a guess, I would say that the questions may be on the rise of television, homosexuality, the sexual revolution (policies of swinging sixties), Lloyd Georges government, racism, the labour government of 1945, trade unions, welfare policies after 1945, thatcher "rolled back the state" and perhaps a question on women after 1945 and the blurring of the classes/ class divisions between lower, middle and upper. I'm not confident on the politics side of things so I will have to revise that. But I am almost certain that the sexual revolution will come up somewhere, as it was a big chunk of the course and is highlighted as being important in the specification.
Hope this helps!!!
Reply 2
Original post by ambzzy
Hey! I'm sitting this exam next week to (bricking it!!!) And I definitely have some ideas on what the paper may NOT be on due to last years AS paper. Last years paper had topics on- the cost of welfare provision, women from 1918-45, changing political party fortunes (so the labour party in 1940s), youth culture and Thatchers economic policies. The sample assessment materials also have questions on women 1918-45, educational opportunities in the years 1945-56, immigration policies, industries in the 1920s/30s and the economic concequences of travel and tourism. Based on this, if I could take a guess, I would say that the questions may be on the rise of television, homosexuality, the sexual revolution (policies of swinging sixties), Lloyd Georges government, racism, the labour government of 1945, trade unions, welfare policies after 1945, thatcher "rolled back the state" and perhaps a question on women after 1945 and the blurring of the classes/ class divisions between lower, middle and upper. I'm not confident on the politics side of things so I will have to revise that. But I am almost certain that the sexual revolution will come up somewhere, as it was a big chunk of the course and is highlighted as being important in the specification.
Hope this helps!!!

Wow!! That was incredible!! Thank you so much, I appreciate you taking the time to write this! I agree, that I'm not the best on the political side of the course, but i would be happy with questions on the swinging sixties/sexual revolution! Or the TV! Best of Luck in the exam! May I ask where you find the specification?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Meg12345
Wow!! That was incredible!! Thank you so much, I appreciate you taking the time to write this! I agree, that I'm not the best on the political side of the course, but i would be happy with questions on the swinging sixties/sexual revolution! Or the TV! Best of Luck in the exam! May I ask where you find the specification?

The specificatIon is under edexcel History (2015) and then there are tabs for exam materials, specification etc. This exam is the 1H on the spec!!!
Reply 4
Original post by ambzzy
The specificatIon is under edexcel History (2015) and then there are tabs for exam materials, specification etc. This exam is the 1H on the spec!!!

Great! Thanks!!:smile:
Reply 5
Hi I'm in year 12 and just wondering if you could please tell me what the questions were for this exam?

Only a few days left if you want to download A* Britain resources, essay plans and powerpoint for free! Just click on the link above, sign up and use the code OUTSTANDINGOCT.

They are my essays and what I used to revise. I got my A* and am now at Oxford, so feel free to ask any questions.

Good luck with this year
Reply 8
Original post by 100rosie100
Only a few days left if you want to download A* Britain resources, essay plans and powerpoint for free! Just click on the link above, sign up and use the code OUTSTANDINGOCT.

They are my essays and what I used to revise. I got my A* and am now at Oxford, so feel free to ask any questions.

Good luck with this year

Used the code but money still taken out?:s-smilie:
Original post by Fox-ROCKS

It shouldn't do, you don't need to even put your bank details in if you use the code

Sorry to hear that, nobody else has had problems. Have you tried contacting them?
Sorry to hear that, nobody else has had problems. Have you tried contacting them?

Going to do that, for sure, resources are great though! thanks!:smile:
Going to do that, for sure, resources are great though! thanks!:smile:

So glad you like them. So sorry. I feel awful, it has definitely worked for everyone else - I promise!
So glad you like them. So sorry. I feel awful, it has definitely worked for everyone else - I promise!

It's all good, it turns out it worked out okay! - reciept says the discount code worked! - email :biggrin:
It's all good, it turns out it worked out okay! - reciept says the discount code worked! - email :biggrin:

Yay! That's great news, enjoy!

Good luck with this year

LAST DAY for the free Britain resources

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/unit-1-britain-transformed-1918-1979-11663895

Quick Reply

Latest