The Student Room Group

Is my mother really narcissistic?

Hey guys,

I haven't been on here in ages but thank you so much for the messages I have been receiving over the past few months.
All in all, my education and work life it going well but here I am again with another problem..........
I think my mother maybe narcissistic. She controllers every-part of my life to even the point where she has talken my bank cards off me!
I am a adult what the hell?

Is she really narcissistic or am I going crazy?

the_blonde_gal
Reply 1
I think you should google the definition of "narcissism" before you accuse her of being narcissistic just because she took your bank card off of you.
That isn't narcissistic at all. Narcissism is "excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance", within psychology it is defined as "extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration".

So no, she is not a narcissist. Controlling, punitive and strict, yeah maybe but definitely not narcissistic.
AYYY narcissistic squad
Original post by Ada_Kai
I think you should google the definition of "narcissism" before you accuse her of being narcissistic just because she took your bank card off of you.

Hi and thanks for the honest reply.
I did Google it and I found out more bits of info on Narcissism and her she is most definitely Narcissistic.
Thanks for the help anyway.
Original post by hug_the_psych
That isn't narcissistic at all. Narcissism is "excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance", within psychology it is defined as "extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration".

So no, she is not a narcissist. Controlling, punitive and strict, yeah maybe but definitely not narcissistic.

Hi and thank you for your reply.
I should really word things much better on the internet.
Original post by AlevelsMakeMeSui
AYYY narcissistic squad

So you agree with me then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending