The Student Room Group

Virginity ( and when to lose it )

I feel like there is a MASSIVE stigma behind losing your V these days.

I have friends who haven’t had sex ( they’re 19 ) and they’re constantly putting themselves down about it.

I first had sex at 14, which wasn’t the best life choice, but I don’t particularly regret it either. I didn’t think my virginity was such a big deal, whereas I respect others that do.
I think it's a big thing in the sense that if by the age of 19, you haven't had sex or been in a relationship, you are a loser or someone who isn't successful compared to others. It's just what society has become and I honestly feel like the internet hasn't helped this generation either.
Original post by Anonymous
I think it's a big thing in the sense that if by the age of 19, you haven't had sex or been in a relationship, you are a loser or someone who isn't successful compared to others. It's just what society has become and I honestly feel like the internet hasn't helped this generation either.

If you’re the guy who focused on getting good results and getting into a really good university rather than the one who slacked off work, and went to parties and had loads of relationships, guess who’s made the better life decision?

I’m not a loser for choosing to put my education first and foremost. It paid off because I have one of the best GCSE results in my school. Of course I talk to girls and I’m sometimes awkward when I do but I don’t lose sleep over it. If the opportunity comes up to ask someone out sure I’ll take it, but that hasn’t happened to me and I could care less.
If you’re the guy who focused on getting good results and getting into a really good university rather than the one who slacked off work, and went to parties and had loads of relationships, guess who’s made the better life decision?

I’m not a loser for choosing to put my education first and foremost. It paid off because I have one of the best GCSE results in my school. Of course I talk to girls and I’m sometimes awkward when I do but I don’t lose sleep over it. If the opportunity comes up to ask someone out sure I’ll take it, but that hasn’t happened to me and I could care less.

That's great you feel that way! I really respect you for that! I, on the other hand, am a girl and while I was the same as you and also am quite shy, my friends would tease and peer pressure me. I think it depends on your group of friends and how they view the world but in most cases, people our age do make it sound like an important thing that should have already happened.
I feel like there is a MASSIVE stigma behind losing your V these days.

I have friends who haven’t had sex ( they’re 19 ) and they’re constantly putting themselves down about it.

I first had sex at 14, which wasn’t the best life choice, but I don’t particularly regret it either. I didn’t think my virginity was such a big deal, whereas I respect others that do.

Am 22 and am still a virgin for which i feel great and proud about it.
That's great you feel that way! I really respect you for that! I, on the other hand, am a girl and while I was the same as you and also am quite shy, my friends would tease and peer pressure me. I think it depends on your group of friends and how they view the world but in most cases, people our age do make it sound like an important thing that should have already happened.

I don't have a group of friends. There's a couple of people I like that I sometimes talk to, there's the groups of people I talk to at science clubs / competitions that are really nice, and that's it. There are 2 people I would consider friends and I sometimes invite them over or go out with them, but I have had close friends in almost 10 years, since my 2 best friends from primary school both left halfway through in the same year. I was often bullied and have become more insular since then. What has always kept me going is the desire to get good results in school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending