The Student Room Group

Some questions for unattractive people

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by RockyDennis
Of course you can, you can change almost any feature unless your eyes are too close together. There's very little you can't change.

You can't change big ears or a big nose
Original post by Iasfuidtd
You can't change big ears or a big nose

That's funny, hundreds of celebrities seemed to have been able to.
Reply 22
That's funny, hundreds of celebrities seemed to have been able to.

Yes with plastic surgery....
Yes with plastic surgery....

A worthy way to spend money for anyone who wishes to change certain features...
Reply 24
A worthy way to spend money for anyone who wishes to change certain features...

True, but it takes years to save up and some people are unable to get jobs like me so they just have to learn to deal with it for years
You can change your face, quite dramatically in fact. You can change almost anything you want.

Even a huge number of things can be done for aging which is one of the hardest things to correct. But you wouldn't think so, because people are too obsessed with scam creams that do nothing.

Unless your eyes are too close together, then there's nothing you can do lol.

I suppose you can undergo plastic surgery- generally speaking for a student, surgery is out of the picture
I guess you can always aim for a razor sharp jawline
Reply 26
Original post by angrypoliceman
I suppose you can undergo plastic surgery- generally speaking for a student, surgery is out of the picture
I guess you can always aim for a razor sharp jawline

I don't have a razor sharp jawline, I have 4 chins
prepare yourself for people with attractive display pictures posting and saying "I'm ugly too, I cope just fine"
Reply 28
Original post by del1rious
prepare yourself for people with attractive display pictures posting and saying "I'm ugly too, I cope just fine"

I know, that really pisses me off
I don't have a razor sharp jawline, I have 4 chins

aim for one then; unless you think 4 chins looks better than a razor sharp jawline-its all up to u
Yeah women can get a proper make over and look like a different person while blokes pretty much get what given
I don't believe you, I bet you get it all the time
Reply 32
aim for one then; unless you think 4 chins looks better than a razor sharp jawline-its all up to u

How can I iaim for one? I think 4 chins looks disgusting which is why I'm trying to lose weight, but I'll still have a flat chin either after I've lost weight anyway. That can only be fixed with plastic surgery
Reply 33
Original post by Dominoes
Yeah women can get a proper make over and look like a different person while blokes pretty much get what given

That's not true, really ugly girls like me still look ugly with makeup on
Reply 34
Original post by GeorgeMillerr
I just don't care, I have better things to care about like my grades

I love this attitude so much.
How can I iaim for one? I think 4 chins looks disgusting which is why I'm trying to lose weight, but I'll still have a flat chin either after I've lost weight anyway. That can only be fixed with plastic surgery

unless you're obese atm chances are you wont have loose skin problems when u lose body fat
to lose body fat all you need to do is eat at a calorie deficit-its all diet, you don't even need to do cardio. google to find out more info; id personally recommend eating at a calorie deficit whilst lifting weights. (its called body recomposition if u wanna read up on it) you lose body fat whilst gaining muscle if you're a beginner to lifting weights. -make sure u eat enough protein though :smile:
I love the quote "those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".

I don't think I cope particularly well being unattractive but I have a couple of things that help;
-if i find myself being anxious or upset over it, I ask myself why I care? If I come up with an answer, I ask myself again. I keep delving into that until I realise there's no logic behind it. I confuse the **** out of myself.
-surround myself with people who don't care what I look like.
-my main issue is my weight, so on my good days I focus on eating healthily, exercising, etc.
-one thing my therapist told me was to write a list of things I do like about myself, and make THAT what people remember about me. First impressions are one thing (I get a lot of people judging me based on my looks) but reinventing your image (I try to tell jokes, keep a conversation going, talk about something they like) often over runs that.
-don't care about what the people outside of your life think. Dyou remember anyone maybe you passed in the corridor once and never saw again? No one really picks up on other people unless there's some sort of interaction taking place, so for a start, try to remember they won't even remember you in 5 seconds.

I had a guy dump me for being unattractive, so that probably intensified the problem, but if all else fails, remember one day we'll all grow old, we'll all be unattractive, and then the intelligent, funny successful ones will rise :smile:

Sending hugs.
Reply 37
unless you're obese atm chances are you wont have loose skin problems when u lose body fat
to lose body fat all you need to do is eat at a calorie deficit-its all diet, you don't even need to do cardio. google to find out more info; id personally recommend eating at a calorie deficit whilst lifting weights. (its called body recomposition if u wanna read up on it) you lose body fat whilst gaining muscle if you're a beginner to lifting weights. -make sure u eat enough protein though :smile:

No I'm not obese but that's what I plan on doing, will an exercise bike help lose weight?
Although you can't do much to change the shape of your features (without $$$$), there are some reasonable steps you can take:

Experiment with different hair styles and colours, learn how to style your hair and make-up properly, in ways that will suit your face shape.

If your skin is bad, go to the doctors, invest in good skin products, do what you have to do.

Exercise, regularly, eat healthier and drink loads of water. If you are overweight, then losing just a small amount of weight will make you feel 100 times better. Diet isn't enough, you need an exercise routine to keep weight off and improve your physique.

There is no way of "just dealing" with being ugly. You have to change what you can, and just accept what you can't.
No I'm not obese but that's what I plan on doing, will an exercise bike help lose weight?

sure-if u burn 100calories on the bike and only eat 50 calories more then it helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending