The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Who else received the Application Email from University of Nottingham?

Yesterday (26th October)
I received an email from UCAS titled "Your application to The University of Nottingham", this is a week after Nottingham sent a "Welcome" email towards my current application.
Now this email says;

Spoiler

Sorry, but what the hell does this mean?? LOL
Who else applied to the GEMS course at Nottingham, Did you receive this email?
I haven't been rejected or received any changes to my UCAS application. Wouldn't they be considering every applicant ..AFTER the GAMSAT results are out?
Or is this email sent to every applicant? if so then its a bit strange for Nottingham to start sending ambiguous emails like this so early.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I applied a100 and got the same email. It’s just a general email they sent it to everyone.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by musa_tal
I applied a100 and got the same email. It’s just a general email they sent it to everyone.

I'll be so relieved to know if it's sent to every applicant, because this is the only University that has sent me another message after the Welcome email.

I was nervous for a second, but its the most POINTLESS email I've ever read, obviously its a competitive course and it could take time, we don't need reminding. :afraid:
But what concerns me is that they could've ncluded it in the welcome email. Unless this email is sent to the "Less" competitive applicants??? I've sent them an email for further explanation.
Reply 3
Original post by temi1234
I'll be so relieved to know if it's sent to every applicant, because this is the only University that has sent me another message after the Welcome email.

I was nervous for a second, but its the most POINTLESS email I've ever read, obviously its a competitive course and it could take time, we don't need reminding. :afraid:
But what concerns me is that they could've have included it in the welcome email. Unless this email is sent to the "Less" competitive applicants??? I've sent them an email for further explanation.

I think you’re overreacting a bit. They don’t have our ukcat yet so they can’t score or rank is yet. They just wanted to let you know they are starting to look at applications now
Yesterday (26th October)
I received an email from UCAS titled "Your application to The University of Nottingham", this is a week after Nottingham sent a "Welcome" email towards my current application.
Now this email says;

Spoiler

Sorry, but what the hell does this mean?? LOL
Who else applied to the GEMS course at Nottingham, Did you receive this email?
I haven't been rejected or received any changes to my UCAS application. Wouldn't they be considering every applicant ..AFTER the GAMSAT results are out?
Or is this email sent to every applicant? if so then its a bit strange for Nottingham to start sending ambiguous emails like this so early.

basically just a conformation email to say they have your UCAS application and are currently looking at it! Fingers crossed for you!
Reply 5
Original post by musa_tal
I think you’re overreacting a bit. They don’t have our ukcat yet so they can’t score or rank is yet. They just wanted to let you know they are starting to look at applications now

I may be overreacting, I've re-read the email several times and it's clearer that it's not that serious, I'm a little tripped off with a Second "Welcome" email from Nottingham.
Btw Graduate entry requires GAMSAT results not ukcat, Some applicants already have their results from January and it's not only the scores, but along with our previous degrees and PS that weighs heavy.
Reply 6
Original post by NKSSSSS09
basically just a conformation email to say they have your UCAS application and are currently looking at it! Fingers crossed for you!

This is their second confirmation email. I'm just oping they've sent this to everyone.
This is their second confirmation email. I'm just oping they've sent this to everyone.

Honestly don't worry! I freaked out when I got these emails when I was applying to Uni! You'll receive an email like this. Which will prompt you to login to UCAS to see their decision..
I did receive this email and I paniced so muchhh. I thought that it was trying to tell me that I am not one of the competitive applicants and they were just preparing me for the rejection. Do you mind telling me your stats?😏 EU student here xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending