The Student Room Group

Question regarding the cover sheet to send to Cambridge

So, I’ve received an email which tells me to write some essays and post them to the UK. I have to write them very fast because the postal system here in Italy is very slow.
So, there’s a cover sheet I need to put in front of my essays. The first part must be completed by me, but I’m not so sure about the second part, which has the title ‘To be completed by school/college representative’.
Is it my teacher? Or the headmistress? Or another figure? The questions are:
‘Was the work a classroom essay, homework assignment, term project, examination essay, other (please specify)?’
‘What assistance did the applicant receive?’
Et cetera.
I think it should be my teacher. Can you please help me? Thanks. It’s better to ask before making any mistake :P
The best choice would be the teacher of the subject the essay is from.
Reply 2
Original post by JFChris
So, I’ve received an email which tells me to write some essays and post them to the UK. I have to write them very fast because the postal system here in Italy is very slow.
So, there’s a cover sheet I need to put in front of my essays. The first part must be completed by me, but I’m not so sure about the second part, which has the title ‘To be completed by school/college representative’.
Is it my teacher? Or the headmistress? Or another figure? The questions are:
‘Was the work a classroom essay, homework assignment, term project, examination essay, other (please specify)?’
‘What assistance did the applicant receive?’
Et cetera.
I think it should be my teacher. Can you please help me? Thanks. It’s better to ask before making any mistake :P

You shouldn't normally write them from scratch, they will be expecting marked work that you have already written for school. Anything from the last 12 months or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by GovernmentEarner
The best choice would be the teacher of the subject the essay is from.

Great. Thank you very much!

Original post by Doonesbury
You shouldn't normally write them from scratch, they will be expecting marked work that you have already written for school. Anything from the last 12 months or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? That would be so good... It says that it shouldn’t be rewritten for Cambridge though. Is it still ok if I send a photocopy of a work that has been corrected by the teacher, with red marks on them (but not specifically for Cambridge)? I thought it would’ve looked better if I re-copied them...
Reply 4
Original post by JFChris
Really? That would be so good... It says that it shouldn’t be rewritten for Cambridge though. Is it still ok if I send a photocopy of a work that has been corrected by the teacher, with red marks on them (but not specifically for Cambridge)? I thought it would’ve looked better if I re-copied them...

Yes that's what they are saying: not rewritten. And ideally the original work not a photocopy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Yes that's what they are saying: not rewritten. And ideally the original work not a photocopy.

Thank you for your great help.
My school needs to keep all the original essays I hand in, so I think that I’ll send them photocopies... But on the cover sheet there’s written that ‘legible photocopies’ are acceptable. Hope it works!
Reply 6
Original post by JFChris
Thank you for your great help.
My school needs to keep all the original essays I hand in, so I think that I’ll send them photocopies... But on the cover sheet there’s written that ‘legible photocopies’ are acceptable. Hope it works!

Ok, sounds like a good plan. :smile:
Reply 7
Ok, sounds like a good plan. :smile:

Thank you again for your help!!
Reply 8
Original post by JFChris
Thank you again for your help!!

:hat2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest