The Student Room Group

How to get AAA as a private candidate

Last year I flopped.. now I am retaking as a private candidate.
this means i obviously have plenty of time and want to make use of my time effectively.
also, i want to get a job simply because i don't want to be studying 24 7
Any tips?!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, just posted on a thread similar to yours.

I know how you feel because I'll be taking two full A Levels again but don't want to be at home revising all day. Definitely get yourself a job as this will get you out the house if your self studying at home all week. You should really start applying for jobs now as companies are recruiting for Christmas. (Also on a side note make sure you plan your weeks out with for e.g. a bullet journal as this will help you with what revision you need to do on what days.)
Original post by walia321
Hey, just posted on a thread similar to yours.

I know how you feel because I'll be taking two full A Levels again but don't want to be at home revising all day. Definitely get yourself a job as this will get you out the house if your self studying at home all week. You should really start applying for jobs now as companies are recruiting for Christmas. (Also on a side note make sure you plan your weeks out with for e.g. a bullet journal as this will help you with what revision you need to do on what days.)

Yeah I am definitely looking for one.. how are you planning to spend your days until exam time? Feel kinda lost lol! Also have u sent off your UCAS application yet
Reply 3
Well I’ve got two A Levels to study for including coursework so that takes up a bit of my time and so does my part time job. Other than that I think I might join a gym/ learn a language or something else.

How many a levels are u resisting or are you just resitting a couple of modules?

I’ve completed my ps and done my UCAS so all I now need to do is get my reference from my old school to send it off. Wbu?
what subject if it's chemistry pm me
Well I’ve got two A Levels to study for including coursework so that takes up a bit of my time and so does my part time job. Other than that I think I might join a gym/ learn a language or something else.

How many a levels are u resisting or are you just resitting a couple of modules?

I’ve completed my ps and done my UCAS so all I now need to do is get my reference from my old school to send it off. Wbu?

How many hours would you recommend someone to work like once you get a job?
3 full A levels, linear ones.. chem, bio and psych
Ohh that's good. I am working on my PS and also need to get a reference and that's it really.. are you gonna get an old teacher from your school to send off the application?
Reply 6
I asked the same question on tsr a couple of weeks ago n most people were saying between 15 to 20 hours. Though, for me I think 20 hours would be too much so I’m currently doing around 10 hours though I won’t mind doing around 20 hours in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Maybe you could do try do the same as me since ur redoing three linear A Levels? But I think it probably depends on how much you remember from school and how long it takes you to revise so you could figure out how many weeks you need to dedicate to revision and the rest for work.

My old assistant head of sixth form will be doing my reference and sending my application off.
who made your ucas predicated grade and are writing you old grade in too the ones before you resat
Reply 8
Heyy fellow private candidate resisting a levels here. Looks like I'm the only one not getting a job, I already feel behind on a levels. Am I just trying to do too much? You guys seem so relaxed
Original post by G.Y
Heyy fellow private candidate resisting a levels here. Looks like I'm the only one not getting a job, I already feel behind on a levels. Am I just trying to do too much? You guys seem so relaxed

what subject and i dont have a job too
Reply 10
Original post by pringles321
what subject and i dont have a job too

Physics maths and sociology wbu?
math what boad do you do fo sociology cuz i got an a* in ocr sociology and got the textbook im sellign and i can help you with the esaays
I'm also sitting as a private candidate, doing Law as well as Government and Politics, who makes the UCAS predicted grades?
Reply 13
math what boad do you do fo sociology cuz i got an a* in ocr sociology and got the textbook im sellign and i can help you with the esaays

Wow well done. AQA and I'm so bad at writing essays that would be great
i try finding my notes and other stuff like essay
I'm also doing law and government and politics as a private candidate, does anyone know who makes our ucas predicted grades?
IMG_20171026_201144-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 17
i try finding my notes and other stuff like essay

If you could send me your essays and/or essay plans that would be so helpful thank you:h:
Reply 18
who made your ucas predicated grade and are writing you old grade in too the ones before you resat

I’m lucky because I have tutors so I’m going to get them to predict me.

Yh I asked UCAS about that and they said you’ll have to put in the grades you’ve already achieved on top of the ones you’re going to be resisting. The ones you’re going resit you leave as pending.
I’m lucky because I have tutors so I’m going to get them to predict me.

Yh I asked UCAS about that and they said you’ll have to put in the grades you’ve already achieved on top of the ones you’re going to be resisting. The ones you’re going resit you leave as pending.

when ever i try its doesnt let me add the resit one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending