The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM LEEDS after applying for pharmacology saying that i have been invited to a visit day!
Yo everyone, I’ve had all my offers back except for Bristol now!! It’s getting excitingggg!
Original post by yasminbennette
yo everyone, i’ve had all my offers back except for bristol now!! It’s getting excitingggg!

did you get an offer from leeds without an interview??!??!
Edit: I'm sorry, just realised that you didn't apply to Leeds.
CONGRATULATIONS by the way!!
Wish you all the best of luck
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TracyEmu

thank you!!!! and no worries! good luck to you too
Original post by LiiHyde
Eeeeek! I got an Acknowledgement email from KCL Bath and UEA and a conditional offer from Nottingham Trent of AAB or unconditional if I make it my firm! Wow that was fast! I only sent of my application 2 days ago!

CONGRATS! gotta love a cheeky unconditional
CONGRATS! gotta love a cheeky unconditional

I'm honestly really surprised that they did! But UEA have given me one too if I make them my firm so that's really exciting as they are one of my favourites!

Also well done for all of your offers that's really good! Which ones looks the most likely to you atm??
XX

Edit: also forgot you applied to Bath - I'm still waiting to hear from them - how quickly did they reply after you sent off you application? Did they want any extra information at all?? XX
(edited 6 years ago)

Yo I applied to Leeds too and all I've had so far is the acknowledgement email Idk if they do interviews for Pharmacology but I'll let you know if i get invited to one (but I imagine by that point you'll already know cus youll have your own offer) XXX
Original post by LiiHyde
I'm honestly really surprised that they did! But UEA have given me one too if I make them my firm so that's really exciting as they are one of my favourites!

Also well done for all of your offers that's really good! Which ones looks the most likely to you atm??
XX

Edit: also forgot you applied to Bath - I'm still waiting to hear from them - how quickly did they reply after you sent off you application? Did they want any extra information at all?? XX

Thank you! Well at the mo I’m thinking Southampton/Bristol as my firm and UEA as my insurance? But I’m not sure?
Yeah Bath took a while to get back, I’ve only just got mine back and I sent mine off about two weeks ago, they didn’t want any extra information at all. What unis are you thinking of atm? Are you going to any applicant days? X
Thank you! Well at the mo I’m thinking Southampton/Bristol as my firm and UEA as my insurance? But I’m not sure?
Yeah Bath took a while to get back, I’ve only just got mine back and I sent mine off about two weeks ago, they didn’t want any extra information at all. What unis are you thinking of atm? Are you going to any applicant days? X

Ok that's alright then! (I sent mine off a week ago but I'm so damn impatient XD ) I'm hoping to put Bath as my firm and UEA as my insurance so maybe I'll see you at their applicant day? - I think as long as I get an offer back from Bath I might be cheeky and just go to offer days for those two (unless Bath's is really late then I might go to the others in the unlikely case that Bath suddenly seems awful lol)

I imagine Bristol is gonna give you an offer seeing as everywhere else has so good luck deciding between Bristol and Southampton :smile: X
Original post by LiiHyde
Ok that's alright then! (I sent mine off a week ago but I'm so damn impatient XD ) I'm hoping to put Bath as my firm and UEA as my insurance so maybe I'll see you at their applicant day? - I think as long as I get an offer back from Bath I might be cheeky and just go to offer days for those two (unless Bath's is really late then I might go to the others in the unlikely case that Bath suddenly seems awful lol)

I imagine Bristol is gonna give you an offer seeing as everywhere else has so good luck deciding between Bristol and Southampton :smile: X

Defo! I’ve booked my applicant day for UEA, the 29th of November one, so if they still have spaces on that one and you haven’t booked up yet, try and get that one! Yeah I’ve heard really good things about Bath, sounds like you’ll get an offer with all them unconditionals.
Hopefully I’ll be decided soon, it is such a hard choice! x
hey just found this!! my predicteds are A*AA and ive applied to Bristol, Leeds, Cardiff, Kings college and Manchester.
sent it off 2 weeks ago and ive been acknowledged by all, and offer from Kings and got invited for interview at Leeds!!
Original post by niapharma
hey just found this!! my predicteds are A*AA and ive applied to Bristol, Leeds, Cardiff, Kings college and Manchester.
sent it off 2 weeks ago and ive been acknowledged by all, and offer from Kings and got invited for interview at Leeds!!

Me tooo!!! I also got invited for a "Visit Day"/ 'interview' from Leeds on the 5th December. When's yours?
do you know what questions they might ask us on the 'interview'?
Hey everyone!! glad i found this!!
Im a student from Gibraltar and have just sent off my application to my school so they can write my reference, so my application will be probably sent in the next 1-2 weeks!!
My choices are:
Manchester
KCL
UCL
Queen Mary Univeristy of london
Kingston (my backup really) :smile:
I really hope i get at least one unconditional!
How did you guys do in AS? Do you know your predicted grades?
Good luck!
Hi!! I sent my application off but my tutor still needs to write my reference...I've applied to:-UCL Msc -Kings Bsc -Manchester Msc-Bristol Msc-Strathclyde Msc
Me tooo!!! I also got invited for a "Visit Day"/ 'interview' from Leeds on the 5th December. When's yours?
do you know what questions they might ask us on the 'interview'?

Interview?! Oh no I was really hoping Leeds wouldn't do that (lol I haven't actually had an offer from them yet) they aren't actually one of my top 3 so idk if I'm looking forward to hearing from them now >.<
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LiiHyde
Oh no I was really hoping Leeds wouldn't do that (lol I haven't actually had an offer from them yet) they aren't actually one of my top 3 so idk if I'm looking forward to hearing from them now >.<

lol me too. I didn't expect them to do interviews for pharmacology. I was just expecting to just magically receive an offer. LOL. At least, it will be a very laid back and casual 'interview'.
Good luck!!
Gonna do a cheeky update cus I can't remember which offeres I have/ haven't mentioned
My AS grades were AAA and schools predicting me A*A*A* and I'm also doing an EPQ which I'd like to get an A in.

Nottingham Trent offered AAB or unconditional if firmed
UEA offered ABB or BBB with A in EPQ or unconditional if firmed
Kings College offered AAA

Still waiting on Leeds and Bath but really I want Bath as my firm and UEA as my insurance I think Baths typical offer is AAB or ABB with and A in EPQ so I hope I'm not in for any nasty surprise from them :/

Anyway well done to everyone whos had offers so far and good luck to everyone who's still waiting :*

Update: Bath has offered ABB with an A in EPQ Yassss :P :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LiiHyde
Gonna do a cheeky update cus I can't remember which offeres I have/ haven't mentioned
My AS grades were AAA and schools predicting me A*A*A* and I'm also doing an EPQ which I'd like to get an A in.

Nottingham Trent offered AAB or unconditional if firmed
UEA offered ABB or BBB with A in EPQ or unconditional if firmed
Kings College offered AAA

Still waiting on Leeds and Bath but really I want Bath as my firm and UEA as my insurance I think Baths typical offer is AAB or ABB with and A in EPQ so I hope I'm not in for any nasty surprise from them :/

Anyway well done to everyone whos had offers so far and good luck to everyone who's still waiting :*

Wow!! uncondtional from UEA!! congrats!! :smile:
Original post by Qasim Abbassi
Wow!! uncondtional from UEA!! congrats!! :smile:

Thanks! I didn't know that UEA would give them so I was quite surprised!
Which universities do you think you'll pick as firm/insurance atm? XX
I am currently updating the "Getting into Pharmacy and Pharmcology" book and need case studies of what people have gone on to do with Pharmacology and the career routes. Would you be willing for me to use the details of the careers routes you have been exploring and for you to give me more information about your degree and interview experience?
Original post by uwotuwot
I've just graduated pharmacology, I interviewed at a few places and the salaries were as follows:

Research Technician / Assistant - Not necessarily always Pharmacol related, pays anywhere from £18,000 - £27,000 depending on the location of the position. The higher end salaries are usually those who require previous work experience (i.e. internships) or in London.

Pharmaceutical sales - Pharmacology's useful here but it depends on what you want to get out of your degree, and you likely could have gotten this position with other life science degrees. Pays anywhere from £20,000 - £25,000 with on-target earnings of £3,000 - 10,000 (some say unlimited but lets be realistic).

Animal research study manager (usually graduate programmes) - pays £18,000 - £22,000 during training but much more when completed

Clinical Trials Assistant - low level job that carries on to study manager roles, pays £20,000 - £25,000 initially but study management jobs for big pharma companies like GSK can be in excess of £90k

Pharmacovigilance/pharmacokinetic quantitive data analyst - usually graduate schemes with training, think the one place I looked at was £25,000

Obviously there are more careers you could entertain, I had an interview for a data analyst role as well which was unrelated to life sciences. The jobs I listed are entry level with a BSc, your salary will reflect your training - so if you do a PhD or an MSc you can expect more money to a point.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'm happy to help. I studied my pharmacology BSc at Newcastle, so if you have any specific questions regarding their course I should be able to help.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending