The Student Room Group

Cheltenham Ladies' College Sixth Form 2017

Hi, I'm joining CLC sixth form this September and is there anyone who is also doing that?
I'm quite nervous about it because I'm so bad at making friends and talking to people:frown: And most of the girls may already know each other for a long time(There will be about 40 new girls into sixth form?? Which is better I think...)
I'm an overseas student but I'm in another girls' school in the country now:smile:
My current school is not that academically strong which also makes me feel worried....
I hope I can do Maths,Physics,Economics and RS A Levels.
Anyone who is a current student,could you please give some advice about girls there,teachers and boarding?
Anyone who is the same as me please contact me!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ioriiii773
Hi, I'm joining CLC sixth form this September and is there anyone who is also doing that?
I'm quite nervous about it because I'm so bad at making friends and talking to people:frown: And most of the girls may already know each other for a long time(There will be about 40 new girls into sixth form?? Which is better I think...)
I'm an overseas student but I'm in another girls' school in the country now:smile:
My current school is not that academically strong which also makes me feel worried....
Anyone who is a current student,could you please give some advice about girls there,teachers and boarding?

Hi!
I am also joining CLC for sixth form starting this September.
I also will be a boarder but I live in the UK.
I have put down History, French, English and Classical Civilisation as my A Level choices.
If you want to get in touch, feel free :smile:
Lily
Reply 2
Original post by lilykirkby
Hi!
I am also joining CLC for sixth form starting this September.
I also will be a boarder but I live in the UK.
I have put down History, French, English and Classical Civilisation as my A Level choices.
If you want to get in touch, feel free :smile:
Lily

I'm also joining CLC in September (2017) for Sixth Form. I'm planning to study Maths, Biology, Chemistry and probably IB French but could do physics - going to wait until my results to decide! I'm from the UK but will board. Would love to hear from anyone else joining! Holly x
Reply 3
Reply 4
Hey I'm also joining CLC Sixth Form in September. Honestly I'm really nervous too. I'm planning to do Math, Further math, Economics and History A Level.

Hey there,
Im gonna be interviewed and tested for CLC for maths and physics in november.
Is there any advice you could give me?
How hard were the tests?
Did you get interviewed and how was it?
What did you wear?
What should i wear?
Any help would be much appriciated!
Thank you!
Reply 6
Hi there!Maths and physics were not hard for me as long as you understand the gcse stuff well. I didn't get the interview at the same time as the other people and I heard mine was not the same as the other people so my information might not be helpful I guess you can just wear sth neat? And be confident!
Hi there!Maths and physics were not hard for me as long as you understand the gcse stuff well. I didn't get the interview at the same time as the other people and I heard mine was not the same as the other people so my information might not be helpful I guess you can just wear sth neat? And be confident!

Thank you so much!
What exactly did yu mean by neat though??? Like what did you wear? Give me some examples???
Reply 8
Original post by elephant3
Thank you so much!
What exactly did yu mean by neat though??? Like what did you wear? Give me some examples???

Just clean normal clothes I guess? Don't need to be really formal
Just clean normal clothes I guess? Don't need to be really formal

What like jeans and a hoodie or semi formal like a shirt and a skirt? i'm so sorry im just really stressed about the exam and interview and just dont wanna stick out for wearing the wrong thing or whatever
Reply 10
What like jeans and a hoodie or semi formal like a shirt and a skirt? i'm so sorry im just really stressed about the exam and interview and just dont wanna stick out for wearing the wrong thing or whatever

I didn't go to the school for the exam. And when I had the interview I did not expect that because I was just visiting the school. So I was just in tourist 's clothes.......
I got accepted to CLC, is anyone else joining sixth form this September?
Original post by skate_board
I got accepted to CLC, is anyone else joining sixth form this September?

Hey!
I got in too! Gonna be starting September... super nervous!
I got an offer yesterday.
Can you believe they said to me "thanks for your late application"
Original post by erratic_deus

Are you going CLC too?
Are you going CLC too?

No.

Depends.
Original post by erratic_deus

How late did you apply?
I'll be attending CLC too this September 2018 for sixth form

Hi, I'm a current student and see girls walking round for interviews all the time. There is a range in what they wear and as long as you are sensible you can't really go wrong. Lots of the younger girls wear their uniform (old school) and the older ones would go slightly more formal than a hoodie such as like your idea of a shirt and skirt. That said, some non-ripped jeans and a nice top and you cant go far wrong.
Reply 19
Hi, it seems that there are quite a lot of CLC's students here in this conversation. I've applied to CLC Sixth Form Entry 2019 and will be having the interview next week in Malaysia. May I know what are the questions that are most likely to be asked and how can I prepare for it? And also, will a recommendation letter from school teacher be taken into consideration? I'm considering to take maths, politics, and economics for A-levels but I'm worried that the entrance exams are going to be hard for me since I've never studied politics and economics in school. I'm really nervous as apparently it is very competitive and I didn't perform well in this term's test. It will be great for me to know more about the application process, thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending