The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Modern Studies 2017/2018

Forum for Advanced Higher Modern Studies

Made this because I'm effectively self-teaching Modern Studies this year. For my dissertation, my title is "The Labour Party no longer represents the working classes." and I am studying sociology-related topics for the exam. What is everyone else studying?
Reply 1
That sounds like an interesting dissertation! I am doing Crime as my study topic
Original post by leoq8
That sounds like an interesting dissertation! I am doing Crime as my study topic

What's your dissertation title? I'm enjoying the research thus far, hopefully getting an interview with Kezia Dugdale soon!
Reply 3
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
What's your dissertation title? I'm enjoying the research thus far, hopefully getting an interview with Kezia Dugdale soon!

'Alternative sentencing methods are more effective than custodial sentences' so just your typical prison one hahah we have been focusing on course content more so than dissertation at my school so far
Original post by leoq8
'Alternative sentencing methods are more effective than custodial sentences' so just your typical prison one hahah we have been focusing on course content more so than dissertation at my school so far

It's been difficult to effectively self-teaching the course so far but I have deadlines and I'm managing to cope now. That sounds interesting! I just missed the politics element of modern studies and because its what i want to do at university, I thought it would make sense to write about it.
Reply 5
It's been difficult to effectively self-teaching the course so far but I have deadlines and I'm managing to cope now. That sounds interesting! I just missed the politics element of modern studies and because its what i want to do at university, I thought it would make sense to write about it.

I much prefer the criminology/sociology side of Modern Studies, the politics part bores me hahaha
hi!! as this is a modern studies thread i thought i would post my survey i am using for my dissertation, please could you fill it out it would be much appreciated!
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/V9ZXSXC
Original post by tessglasgow
hi!! as this is a modern studies thread i thought i would post my survey i am using for my dissertation, please could you fill it out it would be much appreciated!
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/V9ZXSXC

done :smile:
done :smile:

thank you so much!!!
Reply 9
Does anyone have any ideas what come up in the Law and Order Section, specifically understanding criminal behaviour?
Hope the exam goes well tomorrow everyone :smile: Do your best to make sure you get a decent sleep tonight :smile:

Spoiler

How did everyone get on this morning?
Reply 12
Original post by Labrador99
How did everyone get on this morning?

I thought it was alright - pretty fair.

The essay questions were essentially Sociological Theories and Rehabilitation is better, but in a more vague weird worded way I felt. So pretty good!

The research methods question I found tricky and the source was meh. So it was a strong 'alright' paper!
Original post by leoq8
I thought it was alright - pretty fair.

The essay questions were essentially Sociological Theories and Rehabilitation is better, but in a more vague weird worded way I felt. So pretty good!

The research methods question I found tricky and the source was meh. So it was a strong 'alright' paper!

Alright is pretty good to feel just after an exam :yes: :smile: Many more to go?
Reply 14
Original post by Labrador99
Alright is pretty good to feel just after an exam :yes: :smile: Many more to go?

2 more! One on Friday and later in the month!
Original post by leoq8
2 more! One on Friday and later in the month!

:woo: Hope they go well! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending